Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help please. Quilt Top Too Loose >

Help please. Quilt Top Too Loose

Help please. Quilt Top Too Loose

Old 05-18-2012, 12:51 PM

Thanks again. I do think so many of you are right. I did try to baste a lot-- but you know what-- I did remove large areas when I got to that place-- doh I would get on such a roll with sewing that I thought I was giving myself room to quilt lol. Well don't think I will do that again.

I do have a question-- For those suggesting crosshatching- are you suggesting I go over the signatures? I can't imagine that.

I may wash it before I do anything else-- that may help- I am guilty of using different fabric-- the peach colored is thinner than the green- so I may very well have that issue with stretching.

I definitely will "rebaste" before doing more sewing-- I have sandwiches made up- so I can practice all the stitches suggested. Hoping to play all weekend

Thanks all. You are so right-- the love and prayers for each person who signed the quilt is all that is important. She will love it no matter

Sue
Old 05-19-2012, 05:32 PM

Hey everyone---I am so grateful to everyone. I am falling in love with the quilt I am making now. I am doing the SID along the inside borders-- like the serpetine stitch ( I dont have that stitch on m machine) and it is helping so much and it is looking good. Thank you so much for all the pointers. It's a lot of quilting on the machine- but it is not near as scary as I thought it was going to be. I am really thrilled you all have helped me. All the pointers worked! I will post a picture when it is all done.

Thanks again. Sue
Old 05-20-2012, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
I think it just needs more FMQ. I can't really tell from the picture; where all is the quilting design? Is it just through the middle of the rectangular pieces? Or just in the sashing? How far apart are your quilting lines?

If it were me and I were considering SID, I would defnitely do SID only with a serpentine stitch -- much easier on the nerves.

Really, as far as I can tell, it just needs denser FMQ.

Am new at this. What is a serpentine stitch?