Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help with a stitch on Janome 6600P >

Help with a stitch on Janome 6600P

Help with a stitch on Janome 6600P

Old 01-23-2011, 01:24 PM

[quote=stitchofclass2]I too make corn bags. I love the way you do them. It is so much fun to learn from all of you. Your stitching ideas are great too. On my Pfaff there is a "quilting" stitch, which also goes back and forth. This may be similar. By the way, we sew ours and turn them and have never lost a kernal of corn. quote]

I have always done mine the way you do - sewing it and then turning it. But then when I made the one for the neck the corn (it calls for 9 cups) just klunked (ya know what I mean - LOL)from one end to the other and although it was all done I sewed a seam down thru the middle of it. Then I still wasn't satisfied because the corn on each side still had to much room to roam - so I made another channel on each side - again trying to sew with the corn in it and trying to keep it out from under the needle. That seemed like too much work - but it worked and I love it.

I could only find 40 lb bags of corn (lots of corn but only 7.50) and I decided I better use some of it up so yesterday I decided to make another one and I love the ones that go around the neck and sit on my shoulder (sore from sitting here at the puter reading the forum too long - ha ha) - Wellllll, it was more of a pain in the betute doing it this way. IF I make another one that size it will be made the way I made the first one.

And, BTW, I don't know how to make a short story short - LOL!

Pat