Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
HELP!!!! >

HELP!!!!

HELP!!!!

Old 11-23-2010, 07:35 AM

Location: Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California

Our dealer is wonderful that way, too!
Old 11-23-2010, 07:38 AM

My DIL was having the same problem and brought her machine to me to look at. She had put her bobbin in backwards. Hers runs clockwise and she had it in counterclockwise. It worked perfect when I turned the bobbin around.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:45 AM
Power Poster

Let us know what the dealer/repair person said. In a way, it's kind of comforting when it acts up for the dealer/repair person, too.

The dealer said it "was out of timing"? Maybe she/he will be able to tell you why that happened?
Old 11-23-2010, 07:49 AM

I have a MC 9000 that I absolutely love. I am afraid to use anything but Janome bobbins (they're not expensive). Janome does make packs of prewound bobbins in black and white, which are nice because once the thread is gone, you have the exact bobbin you need for your next project!

I hope you get your machine back soon. :thumbup:
Old 11-23-2010, 08:32 AM

Did you put the bobbin in right? Hold the bobbin between your thumb and first finger. Pull out the thread of the bobbin so that it follows your first finger. If the thread is down by your thumb, it needs to be switched. This works on all machines.
Ritacarl
Old 11-23-2010, 10:17 AM

Location: Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland

This whole thread enforces my opinion of the manufacturers using all kinds of bobbins..some brands use different bobbins in their own different models. If you have more than one machine, it is a nightmare to keep them straight! And, hey, just try looking in the manual for help in buying additional bobbins......
Old 11-23-2010, 11:47 AM

Sounds like you have junk in the bobbin casing. Each time you change the bobbin you need to clean the feed dog area and the bobbin area. I use canned air or an old shaving mug brush. Keeping your under area clean is very very important.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:24 PM

Just a quick thought l have the same machine and couldn't understand what was happening and my machine was brand new so asked the dealer as my bobbin thread 3 spools was used up quickly in embroidery class and the white showing through it worked good when a friend loaned me her spool so the result was urgggggg when you thread up to wind your bobbin the first wind round on the top of the machine has to catch a tention spring so you pull the thread together and you can hear a little clip meaning it is engaged so carry on wind your bobbin l hope you can understand my explanation
Old 11-23-2010, 01:26 PM

Just a quick thought l have the same machine and couldn't understand what was happening and my machine was brand new so asked the dealer as my bobbin thread 3 spools was used up quickly in embroidery class and the white showing through it worked good when a friend loaned me her spool so the result was urgggggg when you thread up to wind your bobbin the first wind round on the top of the machine has to catch a tention spring so you pull the thread together and you can hear a little click meaning it is engaged so carry on wind your bobbin l hope you can understand my explanation
Old 11-23-2010, 01:26 PM

Just a quick thought l have the same machine and couldn't understand what was happening and my machine was brand new so asked the dealer as my bobbin thread 3 spools was used up quickly in embroidery class and the white showing through it worked good when a friend loaned me her spool so the result was urgggggg when you thread up to wind your bobbin the first wind round on the top of the machine has to catch a tention spring so you pull the thread together and you can hear a little click meaning it is engaged so carry on wind your bobbin l hope you can understand my explanation