Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
HGTV Quilter on House Hunters >

HGTV Quilter on House Hunters

HGTV Quilter on House Hunters

Old 07-01-2010, 05:52 AM

Maybe we should all pitch in, you know, like a time share!! Then take 1 week vacations - everything would be in the Quilt House!!! There I go, dreaming again!
Old 07-01-2010, 06:05 AM

When we first bought our house 14 years ago, I had the smallest bedroom for my sewing room. At that time I was sewing for my 2 & 5 yr.old DD's, shorts, pj pants, nightgowns, summer dresses, etc.(mostly matching items).
They shared a room and had bunk beds. So then my oldest turned 13 and decided she wanted her own room (how dare her). That was the end of MY room, now my stuff shares our bedroom. :(
Now she's almost 19, when she gets mad and threatens to move out I say "Great! I get my sewing room back! We'll just stick your bed in your sisters room in case you come to visit!" She's always ready to stay home after that! Lol :)
Old 07-01-2010, 06:57 AM

I have a 3 bedroom house. One room is for me and the other two are for quilting stuff and stash! Tee hee! When I had company last week, I had to buy an air bed for him.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JudyG
The Quilt Show did a segment a few weeks ago on a gal in California who bought the house next door to her own home and turned into a quilting house. You should have seen her stash! She has one bedroom for her LA and she and her quilting buddies sew all the time in the living room, one bedroom holds her stash. Amazing! It was awesome. Unfortunately, most of us don't have enough money to own a separate home just to do quilting.
You are so right, but wouldn't it be great.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:56 AM

how funny :) I was thinking similar thoughts about wall space. I want to have really high ceilings with big wide spaces to hang lots of quilts but my SO, the engineer, says it's "i-n-e-f-f-i-c-i-e-n-t.
I said I-d-o-n-'t...c-a-r-e-!
Old 07-01-2010, 12:01 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by davef
Now she has kicked me out of the house....LOL
Did she plan a visitor's chair into the space? If yes, then she just wanted her house back. lol
Old 07-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Power Poster

When I started quilting I took over the den. One day no one was home but me, I moved everything out and put my sewing stuff in.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:04 PM

Yes, I saw that show on HGTV . I don't think she had a DH, either. Just keep on dreaming .... Someday, someday, someday, just maybe!
Originally Posted by magpiefeather
Did anyone see House Hunters yesterday? There was a lady looking for a bigger house, mainly to have more room for sewing her quilts! The three she looked at were all amazing but the one she picked was HUGE! I was envious! :hunf: It showed several of her quilts and her style was really busy with lots of large and small florals mixed with black and white etc.
I did keep searching for a shot of her stash...but they never did show it! She had huge closets for stacking stash!
It was fun to dream..... :)
Old 07-01-2010, 06:01 PM

We live in a 3 bedroom house. One of them is my and DH's bedroom. The other 2 were our children's rooms. They are now grown and moved out a few years ago. I took over both rooms...one for my sewing room and one for my quilting room (hand quilting frame!) LOL
Old 07-01-2010, 06:05 PM

Maybe we could convince Obama to give us all a special tax break on that second house. :twisted: