Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
HGTV Quilter on House Hunters >

HGTV Quilter on House Hunters

HGTV Quilter on House Hunters

Old 06-30-2010, 11:49 AM

...gosh some people can't even afford ONE house, let alone an extra sewing house!
Old 06-30-2010, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
When my parents bought land, they built a 2000 square foot rancher, then behind their house, they built my mom a 600 sq. ft. studio (she is an artist) and my dad built a 2400 sq. ft. "garage" for all his toys. I tell my husband that when my parents pass away, I want to buy their house, just so that I can have the studio for myself. However, I think if I combined all the space I take up now in our home and how much I keep accumulating, I would outgrow that studio in a matter of a few years.
you might want to take your dads garage instead of your moms studio. hehe
Old 06-30-2010, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by sahm4605
When my parents bought land, they built a 2000 square foot rancher, then behind their house, they built my mom a 600 sq. ft. studio (she is an artist) and my dad built a 2400 sq. ft. "garage" for all his toys. I tell my husband that when my parents pass away, I want to buy their house, just so that I can have the studio for myself. However, I think if I combined all the space I take up now in our home and how much I keep accumulating, I would outgrow that studio in a matter of a few years.
you might want to take your dads garage instead of your moms studio. hehe
I agree
Old 07-01-2010, 05:05 AM

u could always live in the garage or studio and use the house for quilting lol
Old 07-01-2010, 05:10 AM

We plan on building on our 10 acres some day - I WILL have a HUGE sewing/quilting room ;)
Old 07-01-2010, 05:19 AM

I missed it too! I watch alot of those shows and even had the tv to myself last night (rare).
Old 07-01-2010, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by magpiefeather
Did anyone see House Hunters yesterday? There was a lady looking for a bigger house, mainly to have more room for sewing her quilts! The three she looked at were all amazing but the one she picked was HUGE! I was envious! :hunf: It showed several of her quilts and her style was really busy with lots of large and small florals mixed with black and white etc.
I did keep searching for a shot of her stash...but they never did show it! She had huge closets for stacking stash!
It was fun to dream..... :)
I got my dream sewing room....my wife went a bought me a 14x20 barn shaped shed and while I was in Denver taking care of my dad she and the kids wired, paneled, and insulated it and to top it off I got a good air condioner. Now she has kicked me out of the house....LOL
Old 07-01-2010, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Ladymurphy
I can't believe I missed that one. I did watch two of their shows last night.
Ditto
Old 07-01-2010, 05:48 AM
Power Poster

Awww....someday I'll have a room big enough. :D
Old 07-01-2010, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by davef
Originally Posted by magpiefeather
Did anyone see House Hunters yesterday? There was a lady looking for a bigger house, mainly to have more room for sewing her quilts! The three she looked at were all amazing but the one she picked was HUGE! I was envious! :hunf: It showed several of her quilts and her style was really busy with lots of large and small florals mixed with black and white etc.
I did keep searching for a shot of her stash...but they never did show it! She had huge closets for stacking stash!
It was fun to dream..... :)
I got my dream sewing room....my wife went a bought me a 14x20 barn shaped shed and while I was in Denver taking care of my dad she and the kids wired, paneled, and insulated it and to top it off I got a good air condioner. Now she has kicked me out of the house....LOL
Wow you are one lucky guy - except for getting kicked out of the house. :lol: That was very thoughtful of her to get the building, get it all wired and set up nicely for you. Of course, now we all want to see what you're going to be making in there! :D

As for the topic, I watch that channel all the time when I'm in the sewing room but did other things last night and completely missed it. I wonder if we can watch the show online since it has already aired?