Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Hobby Lobby >
  • Hobby Lobby

• Hobby Lobby

Old 01-28-2011, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by SewOK
    You can use your 40% off coupons for fabric that is marked down. They just use the non-sale price and take 40% off. I ususally do that if I have a 40% coupon with me as it will come out cheaper that way.
    I didn't know that! Thanks.

Also, my DH and I have talked to some of their employees and find that they treat their employees well. They gave them a turkey and a bonus this past Christmas season. One employee we talked to said she hadn't experienced that in years from an employer.
    Old 01-28-2011, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by snicktrain
    Originally Posted by amma
    Lucky you!! I wish they would come to the west coast :D:D:D
    I do too.
    Amma and Snicktrain, there one in the Tri-Cities (Kennewick) and also one in Spokane Valley. :-D :-D
    Old 01-28-2011, 03:51 AM

HL has every kind of thing for any hobby from scrapbooking to wood working. They also have a wonderful art dept. I could spend hours in there just looking. Their decor is wonderful and different too. They have some really good sales almost every week.
    Old 01-28-2011, 04:06 AM

We have three Hobby Lobby stores within driving distance. The one at Hamilton Place Mall in Chattanooga is HUGE. If it's a craft item, they probably have it. :mrgreen: I could (and have!) spend hours in there. It's probably a good thing I don't work there ... I'd buy so much that I'd end up having to pay THEM for the privelege! :lol:

The other two stores (Dalton & Hixson) are nice, but smaller.

When they have the 40% off coupons, print several, and take an extra person or five (LOL!) when you go. Since it's one coupon per person, you'll have to each check out separately, but DH and I save extra money that way. ;)
    Old 01-28-2011, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by polly13
    We are in FL for two months. My sisters-in-law are going to take me to the new Hobby Lobby nearby. I had never heard of it until reading of it on this Board. I can hardly wait. DH and his brother can go out for lunch. It sounds like I'd better not have any special time to be home. Can't wait!
    The guys might want to check it out! Our hobby lobby is the one store my DH will go to when I'm "buying fabric". Ours has all sorts of stuff to occupy him - he really enjoys looking at the "dust catchers" - all the car replicas, etc. Y'all have fun!
    Old 01-28-2011, 05:10 AM

We have a couple of Hobby Lobbys close by and I go there a lot. They usually have cottons 30% off each week. I like their coupons. We get them in the newspaper or go online to print one. They have a good variety of all fabrics, patterns on sale occasionally, trim and remnants.
    Old 01-28-2011, 06:04 AM

I hope your Hobby Lobby is similar to the win I go to in Wisconsic. I havent even been through the whole store yet. They have everything you can imagine as far as crafts and home decor that you can imagine.
    Old 01-28-2011, 06:09 AM

We have Hobby Lobby here and it is awesome, you'll love it. Where in SW Fla? my family is in Ft. Myers. We would love to move to Venice Beach when we retire.
    Old 01-28-2011, 07:24 AM

I love Hobby Lobby, as for their coupon, I wanted to purchase insulbrite, Hobby Lobby has it for 2.49 yd. and most store sel it for 4.99 and up. But I had the 40% off coupon, and as long as you buy one continous amount you get 40% off. So I bought 9 yds. and then i ordered 2 more bolts and was able to get 40% off. Boy what a deal.
    Old 01-28-2011, 08:58 AM

Im so glad that a Hobby Lobby opened in my area this past year. It's a great store and I really like their fabric department. It's very neatly arranged and they group coordinating fabrics making it easier for the shopper to select fabrics that go well together. The quality is between JoAnns and LQS and I have found some really nice solids for backing there. Their pricing is also competitive with other stores.