Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hobby Lobby vs Joann >

Hobby Lobby vs Joann

Hobby Lobby vs Joann

Old 10-04-2011, 08:29 AM

I think their fabric is a better quality and even though it is usually always 30% off you can take the 40% off coupon and they will use that (they take the 40% off of the regular price).
Old 10-04-2011, 08:30 AM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

In Ohio.. FUN place.. Not open on Sundays and closed at 8:00 PM Saturday.. Always worth remembering !!

Ell

glass, wood, odd gifts and accessorite for home. Candles, mirrors, pictures and then the craft area.. paint oils, beads, crochet, fab and knitting, fabrics for quilt, dress and home decor, scrapbooking, balsa wood ..

lots and things ! enjoy ! Bet will be decorated in full dress for Christmas !
Old 10-04-2011, 08:43 AM

Hobby Lobby is a cool store, they don't have tons of fabric - but for cottons and quilting fabrics, they don't really have much LESS than most junked up Joanns do ! Not open on Sundays, and they do play only Christian instrumental-type music in the stores but that's Ok.
They have fabric brands that Joann's does not. IMHO their fabrics are better quality, besides the basic calicos on the wall. Lots of Kona cotton solids. They have some quilting books and limited notions. I go there more than Michael's for craft items too. :)
Old 10-04-2011, 09:28 AM

Hobby Lobby is great. They do have some great material. I just purchased some Christmas material with Gold in from the store in Jackson, Tenn to go with my fall material I purchased in a Quilt Store in Calif. My fall material was very expensive and the Christmas material looks expensive but wasn't. JoAnn's quality has dropped and Walmart used to be a good place too, but too much is coming from China and Korea and Vietnam. Just like everything else, you have to look before you buy where ever it is.

Hobby Lobby has great coupons. Sign up for mail order if you live too far away. Great things in the store.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by yayaquilts
OMG!!!! I have been to Hobby Lobby in Colorado and Florida. Love Hobby Lobby, not so much for fabric, as they are ok, not really Quilt shop quality, but their crafts and decorations are fabulous!!! They are kept so much neater and tidier than Michaels or Joanns. I live in No County San Diego....where are you exactly??
The 2 new Hobby Lobbys that are opening in SoCal are in Temecula and Rancho Cucamonga. They are also opening 2 in northern CA.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:48 AM

JoAnn's lets you use several coupons if they are from different sources such as mailer, internet, newspaper and Michaels. Does Hobby Lobby do this? The new Hobby Lobby is 26 miles from me which is quite far with $4 gas to drive to use just one coupon.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:48 AM

JoAnn's lets you use several coupons if they are from different sources such as mailer, internet, newspaper and Michaels. Does Hobby Lobby do this? The new Hobby Lobby is 26 miles from me which is quite far with $4 gas to drive to use just one coupon.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:47 AM

I like HL for lots of reasons one of which is that my grandson is in their home offices, and they close on Sundays.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:57 AM

After years of making quilts for my four grandsons, I am excited to finally make a quilt for my future granddaughter (ETA January)! I went to two quilt stores and Jo Ann's to find the perfect pink fabrics, found nothing there and found exactly what I needed at Hobby Lobby! Who would have thought??? I was pleasantly surprised.

Their fabric was on sale for 30% off so I did not use a coupon.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:14 AM

I prefer HL to Joann's...not a large a selection but I like what I find there better. Love the 40% off coupon..it is every other week but now every week until Christmas.