Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hobby Lobby vs Joann >

Hobby Lobby vs Joann

Hobby Lobby vs Joann

Old 10-04-2011, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Lucio
JoAnn's lets you use several coupons if they are from different sources such as mailer, internet, newspaper and Michaels. Does Hobby Lobby do this? The new Hobby Lobby is 26 miles from me which is quite far with $4 gas to drive to use just one coupon.
No, they only allow one coupon per customer per day. They do not mail coupons out. They usually have 1 page ad in the Sunday paper. They do have a coupon you can print from the internet as well or use a smart phone to navigate to while checking out. However, no matter the source, it is a limit of 1 coupon per person per day. Also, they do not take coupons from other stores.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:27 AM

JoAnn's lets you use several coupons if they are from different sources such as mailer, internet, newspaper and Michaels. Does Hobby Lobby do this? The new Hobby Lobby is 26 miles from me which is quite far with $4 gas to drive to use just one coupon.
Unless something changed recently, our Joanns here won't do that, they only allow one per person per purchase. They don't care if you go out the door and come right back in to buy again, but by gosh, they won't take more than one silly coupon per transaction ...
Ridiculous how differently they all operate, isn't it ?? :roll:
Old 10-04-2011, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by TexasGurl
Unless something changed recently, our Joanns here won't do that, they only allow one per person per purchase. They don't care if you go out the door and come right back in to buy again, but by gosh, they won't take more than one coupon per transaction ...
Try complaining to the Jo Ann's headquarters. They won't take two of exactly the same source, but they are supposed to take one from each source, mail, newspaper, on-line and in-store flyer.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:38 AM

Unless something changed recently, our Joanns here won't do that, they only allow one per person per purchase. They don't care if you go out the door and come right back in to buy again, but by gosh, they won't take more than one silly coupon per transaction ...
Which is why I am so excited about Hobby Lobby coming to my city, I am so tired of playing the Joann game..... and now there prices are some thing else, a card of 4 buttons yesterday was $4.25 a card !!! for buttons
Old 10-04-2011, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by alwayslearning
Unless something changed recently, our Joanns here won't do that, they only allow one per person per purchase. They don't care if you go out the door and come right back in to buy again, but by gosh, they won't take more than one coupon per transaction ...
Try complaining to the Jo Ann's headquarters. They won't take two of exactly the same source, but they are supposed to take one from each source, mail, newspaper, on-line and in-store flyer.
As long as the barcodes are different, they should take them from different sources. I believe the different sources usually have different barcodes.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:43 AM

They do have the Kona solids and are always 30% off.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by qbquilts
Originally Posted by alwayslearning
As long as the barcodes are different, they should take them from different sources. I believe the different sources usually have different barcodes.
You can log a complaint on line, on their website....worth the effort.....at least the last time I did it, I felt better...
Old 10-04-2011, 11:45 AM

I think HL is expensive, but I don't have a Joann's here, just a Wal-Mart, so my choices are limited. HL is also not open on Sundays here, "closed to allow their associates to spend time with their families at church." Reminds me of my MIL. She would not sew on Sundays. Said when she got to Heaven, she would have to pick out all the stitches she put in on Sundays, and she HATED to pick out stitches. hehe.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by KyKat
I think HL is expensive, but I don't have a Joann's here, just a Wal-Mart, so my choices are limited. HL is also not open on Sundays here, "closed to allow their associates to spend time with their families at church." Reminds me of my MIL. She would not sew on Sundays. Said when she got to Heaven, she would have to pick out all the stitches she put in on Sundays, and she HATED to pick out stitches. hehe.
Shoot, if I didn't sew on Sundays, I'd get very little quilting done !
That said, I remember my grandparents' view of Sundays as a day of rest. Remember the "blue laws" ? When the only places that USED to be open on Sundays (not THAT long ago) were grocery & drugstores, gas stations and some restaurants ... IMHO it was better that way, when families actually spent Sundays together. Since then, it seems that we just worry about running more errands & getting more "done" ... and people wonder why they're stressed out :roll:
Old 10-04-2011, 12:25 PM

Our Hobby Lobby will accept the 40% off on the 30% off fabric. The cashier just re-figures the cost at the front register taking 40% off the regular price of the fabric. Hey, it is another 10%....moorreee fabric.