Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
honest opinion about this fabric >

honest opinion about this fabric

honest opinion about this fabric

Old 02-21-2011, 07:29 PM

I'm with the OBW advocates. You could turn that awkward stuff into something quite interesting!
Old 02-21-2011, 07:33 PM

Totally ugly!!
Old 02-21-2011, 08:54 PM

I do not know what to do with the skulls....
Old 02-21-2011, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Diana Lynne
I am doing the pinwheel project and the material I had bought was not what the sticker said..I could not get it to work for anything..But, thankfully to some very wonderful people on this board I was able to get the material to work..Which made my daughter very very happy..But, in the mean time I felt very bad for my daughter because she had her heart set on that material that she picked out so I went to the store and picked up this material to do her a quilt in..She really likes skulls so I figured she would love it..NO..She hates it LOL..Now I have no idea what I am going to do with this material..Its 2 yards..Guess next time I will shop only for me :-D
You might check on the group with the ugliest fabric of 2011 and see if the winner of that challenge might want it, there were a couple of fabrics with skulls in that group. The voting is not over yet, or at least I don't think it is.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:05 PM

I've made a variety of projects with skulls. It really has to be specifically requested or okay'd by the recipient. I used a similar fabric of swords and skulls for a pirate fan's bookmark and pillowcase.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:24 PM

for some reason skulls are really in right now....when my daughter had her son, she wanted baby blankets, clothes, anything with baby skulls on it....i do not get it....for a baby??? must be a new fad......gina
Old 02-22-2011, 12:44 AM

No, thank you. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Old 02-22-2011, 12:44 AM

I am doing the pinwheel project and the material I had bought was not what the sticker said..I could not get it to work for anything..But, thankfully to some very wonderful people on this board I was able to get the material to work..Which made my daughter very very happy..But, in the mean time I felt very bad for my daughter because she had her heart set on that material that she picked out so I went to the store and picked up this material to do her a quilt in..She really likes skulls so I figured she would love it..NO..She hates it LOL..Now I have no idea what I am going to do with this material..Its 2 yards..Guess next time I will shop only for me :-D

Maybe you could do this?
Take the right size square ruler and fussy cut out all the hearts and flowers motifs....Then set those in nine patches with black to make an interesting irish chain. wall hanging?
Maybe somebody would swap?
Old 02-22-2011, 05:45 AM

I saw this and couldn't refrain from posting. I made a shaded nine patch with this same fabric for a Christmas present to my daughter and she LOVES it. I fussy cut a lot of the skulls and hearts, etc. and it came out well (according to my own 15 year old)! I will try to get a pic up asap. Maybe your kiddo will change her mind (or not...)
Old 02-22-2011, 05:51 AM

How much would you sell it for? I have a yard of this already I was looking for more to make my neice a quilt out of it.