Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How could I have been so stupid!! >

How could I have been so stupid!!

How could I have been so stupid!!

Old 09-03-2011, 10:06 AM

I hate when I can't find something. I sold a set of McKenna Ryan patterns and when I was checking each pattern I noticed one was missing a sheet. I have looked every where, but cannot find. I guess I will have to purchase a brand new pattern and mail that one to her, so mad at myself. Trying to get some money back to do new McKenna Ryan patterns and am spending more money on something I have already purchased, but I have to make good on my sale.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:09 AM
QM
Power Poster

I am so sorry for you. Yes, we all make stupid mistakes from time to time.

One of the "experts" I saw on Alex Anderson's old TV show had a bag under the table at a retreat where she was teaching. She had the bag filled with precut pieces for the project she was teaching. While they were gone at lunch, the cleaners tossed her bag. that's not nearly as serious as your difficulty, but you are certainly ot the only one.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:11 AM

Oh, I feel for you, I unknowingly threw out my cell phone once - you only do something like that once. I hope it turns up.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:21 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ChildoftheUniverse
Please, dear Lord, let her find her quilt... amen

dotto, Amen. Hope you find it. Thank you for sharing. (But sorry you had to). Made me go check on the quilts I had made for DS and DGD. I have them in storage and they are in in JoAnn tote bags. Will not use green or black bags for things I want anymore. You have helped a lot of people by just posting this. Thank You. Hugs Pray you find it. BrendaK
Old 09-03-2011, 10:39 AM

My daughter was a journalism major in college. She had all essays, poetry, stories and journals from her last year in college...you guessed it...in a trash bag to bring home. I'm the one who tossed it and believe me I would trade any quilt I've ever made to get that trash bag back. Just stupid and I'll never forgive myself.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:45 AM

wow, makes me scared to think I may do something like that. I like to use plastic tubs, small or one to fit the need. sorry for your loss, prayerfully you will still find it :)
Old 09-03-2011, 11:15 AM

I have almost done that, but fortunately, looked inside the bag. Hope you find it.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:15 AM

I can certainly understand your stress. I was in constant fear of doing something similar when I was doing fairs. Only with the money. I had a gal that worked with me sometimes and she was so paranoid that someone would steal the cash box or our purses that she would take the bills out every so often and stick them in a cracker box or even a tampon box. More then once she nearly through the box away.

Speaking of putting money in boxes my husbands uncle was very wealthy and he used to put cash in boxes all the time. He had rentals and often people paid in cash. Well, I guess one time his wife was cleaning out the cupboard and tossing dry foods that were out of date. She threw away a bunch of open boxes of cereal. Months later the uncle was looking for some money and realized what had happened. He was so angry. He said there was nearly 40,000 dollars in one of the cereal boxes.

The aunt and uncle passed away a few years ago and my sister in law was telling me that when her cousin was clearing out the house, she had to go through everything in the house, piece by piece. Everything in the cupboard and every stitch of clothing, even the furniture had to be searched. In the end they found well over 300,000 dollars, just stuck here and there. The aunt and uncle had nice things, but I guess the uncle did not believe in having a safe. I really don't know. But can you imagine?
Old 09-03-2011, 11:47 AM

Although it is not always obvious, there is a reason for everything...
Old 09-03-2011, 11:51 AM

I have done that with those bags. Lost alot of different things too.