Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How could I have been so stupid!! >

How could I have been so stupid!!

How could I have been so stupid!!

Old 09-03-2011, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by dunster
Take a deep breath, calm yourself, and look again. Chances of your throwing it out are very remote. If you were throwing out bags, you would have checked to see what was in them first. The quilt is most likely there, somewhere, waiting to be found. When you're in a panic to find something, it hides.
I agree w/ Dunster: Praying for u that u find it:::
Old 09-03-2011, 08:52 AM

My heart goes out to you, I know how sick you must feel about this, I sure hope it turns up for you :?
Old 09-03-2011, 08:53 AM

We are guilty of doing things like that. I once was out shopping and had purchased a new purse. On my way out of the store, my eye was caught by some really pretty CZ rings so I slipped off my good ring and tried a couple on, ended up buying one. Then when I got home I changed to my new purse and threw the other one in a bag for Goodwill. Yep, you guessed it the next day my errands took me close to the Goodwill store and I dropped the stuff off. After wearing my CZ ring for a few days I went to get my good ring and realized it was in the purse I had taken to Good Will. I am not one to have good jewelry, just a few things, now minus one.
All of my friends save their clear bags that they purchase linens in and bed in a bag. I also work for a gift shop and we sell some throws and some how their bags don't also go home with the the new owner so I have quite a few clear bags. When I am transporting a quilt or a project I always put them in those bags so I can see what I have. I didn't know why I did that, just thought I was cheap, but now I know I'm really clever!!
Old 09-03-2011, 08:56 AM

I hope you find it! Once, my father threw away all my mother's cake decorating supplies and candy molds because they were stored in a garbage bag. I didn't know large clear bags were available - I'll have to look for some. Really hope you find your quilt.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan
Could've, would've, should've, yes I've had a few of those moments too. It is hard to stop blaming yourself but you'd forgive someone else wouldn't you? So forgive yourself and I hope it turns up.
Hard to do, but do try! I hope it turns up for you, too!
Old 09-03-2011, 09:03 AM

Saying a prayer that it will show up.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:06 AM
Banned

Ohhh, I have a sinking feeling in my stomach for you just thinking about that. I have certainly done my fair share of stupid things. Will pray that you find it soon. Best wishes! :-(
Old 09-03-2011, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by kewlquilts
I'm just sick about what I think I did last week. I put a quilt top and backing (just needed batting!) in a plastic bag in my van to drop off at the quilter. Didn't end up going, and left bag in the van for return trip. Guess what? I can't find the bag with the top and back and I think I may have tossed it! I feel so sick! :( Not just at the money I've lost, but at the loss of a gift for my brother. I keep praying it will turn up. Has anyone else done anything like this? I will NEVER EVER EVER put a quilt in a plastic bag from a discount store! I feel like I left a kid at the mall. Thanks for letting me vent!
I think I did the exact same thing, but with these expensive Marti Michell templates I bought for my boyfriend's quilt. Still have the one piece I was using, but missing the other two templates. Can't find them anywhere. And I think I had them in a Wal-Mart bag and I cleared all the Wal-Mart bags in my room. So I think I threw them away! Just makes me sick thinking about them and how I'm going to have to shell out more money just to get another set
Old 09-03-2011, 09:49 AM

I know it is hard, but try to stop stressing over it.

This is what happened to me: I was moving and placed my quilt that my dear, dear grandmother made for me before she died in a large, black trash bag. After getting moved, I couldn't find it anywhere. I retraced ALL my steps from the days before. I cried, I hunted, and cried some more. Finally I resigned myself to the fact that it was gone forever. Then, what did I find: My precious quilt. Trust me never again has my qiult been put in a bag. If it is in the car for any reason, it rides in the front seat right next to me so it is never out of my sight.

I hope you find it soon. Hugs>>>
Old 09-03-2011, 10:03 AM

Ohh nooo! I once put a very nice, brand new, never worn summer weight shirt belonging to DH into the freezer in a bag damp from its first washing to be ironed later. Some time later he asked about the shirt and we did a search. Never did turn up. We also put anything potentially stinky such as bones, chicken skin, etc. in a bag in the freezer until trash day. The only thing we could figure out was one of us thought that shirt was trash.

Look one more time in your vehicle. Then ask family members, then search the house where you might put something, THEN search the whole house. I bet it turns up. Let us know.