Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How do you like your Husqvarna Viking? >

How do you like your Husqvarna Viking?

How do you like your Husqvarna Viking?

Old 06-28-2011, 04:46 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by wolph33
I have 2 -a designer se and a diamond-and love them.now I get bothered when I use a machine that is not auto on the presser foot-really great for applique
Me too. LOVE them both. I'm so used to the auto presser foot that I had to put a sticky note on my Tin Lizzie "Put the Presser Foot Down".
Don't know if the Sapphire also has this feature: when you stop sewing with the "needle down" selected, the presser foot lifts just a bit so you can pivot or feed the next set of piecing thru. Don't need no stinkin' knee lift!
Old 06-28-2011, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
Originally Posted by meemersmom
I have gotten so used to it that if I use one of my other machines that doesn't have it, and I am at the end of a seam, I sit and stare at the presser foot for a few seconds, waiting for it it lift up before I realize what machine I'm using...LOL!!
Same here except I usually start sewing without putting the presser foot down. That just doesn't work. LOL
That is what I find myself doing. I reallylike the automatic lift... It did take a little while to get used to it but,,, love it!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 04:55 AM

I have a ruby and love it. i too have a hard time getting used to the automatic things. one day i used my old machine and realized how much i loved my ruby.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:12 AM

Yes, when the presser foot comes up automatically after I'm done sewing, that's what freaks me out...Sometimes I just want to stop for a second and don't want it to come up all the time. I'll have to check to see if I can stop that from happening...I still have to go to another class to learn how to do a lot of things with the machine...Thanks everyone for all the input...I really love all the different stitches that come with the machine though...
Old 06-28-2011, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by nyelphaba
I have the Viking Quilt Designer and I love it. I quickly got used to not having to lift up the foot and when I use my older machines(Singers) it feels odd having to manually lift the foot. You will get used to it and enjoy it.
I also have the Viking Quilt Designer and love it. Had no problem getting use to the auto "step on the pedal and go" system, grin. Just got a Saphire for the larger arm space and love quilting on it. Amazing how quickly I get my quilts quilted now. Love my H. Viking's.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:27 AM

I have the Sapphire 830 and love all the bells and whistles.
My complaint is the low area where the needle is. It is hard to get your hand in there to change needles, and put on the walking foot etc.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:47 AM

I Love my vikings!! Not sure I would buy anything else!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Rose Marie
I have the Sapphire 830 and love all the bells and whistles.
My complaint is the low area where the needle is. It is hard to get your hand in there to change needles, and put on the walking foot etc.
This is the only complaint I have with it too. I thought maybe it was just me. Glad to hear that I am not alone. Other than that, LOVE, LOVE my Viking. :thumbup:
Old 06-28-2011, 07:52 AM
4L

I am currently on my #3 and #4 Vikings..have never sewn on anything else except for Singers in High School Home Ec. classes..Mine are not the fancy ones mentioned here (my jazziest is the Lily 545) but I LOVE them...
Old 06-28-2011, 07:58 AM

I have a Lily and a Designer SE - I love, love, love my SE and hoping to buy the new Diamond when I completely master the SE.