Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How do you like your Husqvarna Viking? >

How do you like your Husqvarna Viking?

How do you like your Husqvarna Viking?

Old 06-28-2011, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by feffertim
I have the same machine and I love it. I love not having to lift the presser foot, love the auto cut, and the auto tension , You will get used to the presser foot and then will think it strange having to manually lift it. I think it's a wonderful machine
I agree with all of the above. I absolutely love that when I touch the foot control, the pressure foot automatically comes down and I can sew right now! You'll get used to it. Just do some chain piecing and the rest will be history.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:04 AM

I have the same machine and it was a bit weird not to lower the foot but quickly found when I was holding pieces together it was great not have to lower the foot. Now I have gotten so use to it, when I switch to my other machine, I forget to lower the foot....I've had my machine for almost 2 years. I did take a "get to know your machine" class after I had it for about 4 months and that was great. hang in there.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sophie2
Originally Posted by Rose Marie
I have the Sapphire 830 and love all the bells and whistles.
My complaint is the low area where the needle is. It is hard to get your hand in there to change needles, and put on the walking foot etc.
This is the only complaint I have with it too. I thought maybe it was just me. Glad to hear that I am not alone. Other than that, LOVE, LOVE my Viking. :thumbup:
Same here. Makes me feel better now that I know it's not just me being a clutz, smile. But I still love the Sapphire 830. I'm also still learning the in's and out's of what I can do with it.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:52 PM

I have an 850, went back to sew on my older machine with a walking foot and it drove me crazy cause I kept forgetting to manually lift the foot. You will get use to and learn too love it takes time!!
Old 06-28-2011, 02:03 PM

I have a Sapphire also and have had it about 3 years. I don't use anything else. Have no complaints and absolutely love my machine.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:48 PM

I absolutely love my Designer SE (had a #1+ that I loved unti I traded up). It does take some time to get used to no presser foot lift (a button to push instead) but once you do you will never miss that lever.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by featherweight
I have had the Viking SE for about 5 years. I have not one complaint on it. I love the way it sews and embroiders. Like I said, I love my Viking!!!

Ditto, same here, I LOVE my SE, I also have the D1, my youngest DD has claimed that as her machine. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 06-28-2011, 04:54 PM

My D1 is the best of the best of all the brands I have: Janome, Singer, Kenmore, Elna, Kenmore, Brother. I have one word for it...LOVE!!!
Old 03-09-2018, 10:38 AM

Hi! I just found this thread and I just got a used Sapphire 870Q; does anyone have this model? I go it used from Ebay for $500......a little nervous..........can anyone give me any tips?
Old 03-09-2018, 10:42 AM

I mave all Vikings except for my Featherweight and love them... Just bought a new Topaz. I love the presser foot, leaves both hands free to hold my fabric when I start.