Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How do you organize your projects, stash and scraps? >

How do you organize your projects, stash and scraps?

How do you organize your projects, stash and scraps?

Old 10-05-2011, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by mama lyn
Kristen, you did a great job organizing a wise work space. Thumbs up on the home schooling. I know it's a lot of work but you won't regret the time when your kids are grown. We home schooled the younger 4 for 7 years and I couldn't be more pleased with the fine adults they have become.
Thank you very much! For a long time this all was in the attic, then in piles along the wall of the school room. I'm so happy to finally have it all organized and accessible. Now if I could just get the rest of my life this organized... :wink:
Old 10-05-2011, 05:02 AM

Speaking of factory cut-outs, is there a place to get these anymore?[quote=Greenheron]It's rather complicated. The trash bag full of plaid factory cut outs is on the closed-in porch.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by CoventryUK
Uhmmmmm?? Not very well!!! My sewing room is 6' x 9' BUT my stash/WIP/UFO's would fill a 20'x20' space!!!! :roll: :roll: :lol:
That's the way mine is too.
It's all over the house, a bit here a bit there, not organized at all. :oops: :roll:
Old 10-05-2011, 06:08 AM

When I had a very small space fabric was stored in under the bed plastic bins. They hold quite a bit and store under the bed.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:13 AM

OH YES, the see through do help and get the same size so you can stack in a corner out of the way or in a closet. I can tell you how to do it but getting it done is the trick. LOL I only have it half done with thought of tomorrow all the time.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:33 AM
Power Poster

I use the zippered bags that sheet sets, comforters, and window treatments come in. They are made of a clear, heavy-weight material and are easy to store projects and scraps. They also most times have a "window" in them where you can put the project info and have the information in view without searching through the bag.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Organized????? We're supposed to be ORGANIZED???? oh boy...I'm in trouble!!

;) :lol:

I'm with you.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:01 AM

I live in a 2 bdrm mobile home and am short of storage space! My sewingroom shares space with my bedand is 14x14' The walkin closet is very small and holds my clothes,water softener and my stash. Stash is held in the wire stackable cubes by color and hanging canvas shelves hold my fleece. File cabinet under cutting table hold books and misc. I have 3 different sized WM plastic hold fq's and scraps for Sunbonnet Sue quilts. My wish list of to do projects are photocopied and stored in sleeve protectores and in a seperate note book. I have to put fabrics away because they end up on my bed when cutting so if I want to sleep they have to go back in closet or on table if I'm lazy. I use an ironing board that hangs on the closet door because I dont have room for a stand alone board.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:03 AM

DD lives with me so 2nd bdrm is hers.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:08 AM

Well now that's a touch one for me, I've never been an organized person...LOL ... thank my sister got it all! But anyways I have plastic bins, plastic shevles and then recent cabinet that I found at a thrift store going out of business and on both sides it have peg boards to store some more thread... I'm trying to get organized...LOL all I can say is good luck!!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-266578.jpe