Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How many finished quilts do you have?

My mom has 3 that I've made-2 bedsize and one large wall hanging. I have 1 twin size that is on the bed in my spare room. Everything else I make are for charity. Either for QFK (children's quilts) or to sell to raise $$ for QFK.

I do plan to make a wall hanging for my sewing room soon.

My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA
    Blog Entries
    I have 4, two to mail, and two for children's hospital patients to take home after their stay. Hoping to gather 8 before I take them in. One at the idea stage, one C H in the cutting pieces stage.
    I have none of my own. Always make for others. I do take pictures.

The one that I made for my husband. I make for weddings, babies, special birthdays, special anniversaries and charity. Have sold a few. Love making quilts.

Vat
    I'm afraid to count. But I don't store them in plastic. Everything I have learned is that plastic is NOT GOOD for quilts. They produce heat and that produces chemicals and that is NOT GOOD. You can buy acid-free boxes and acid-free tissue paper to line the folds with before storing. Or another idea it to store them flat under the mattress of your bed. Flat is best and place the acid-free tissue between each quilt. Food for thought. We put so much money and time into our works , we should do all we can to make them last.

I gave a dozen plus as gifts, others to charities, assisted in making some to raffle for charaties. Still have 6 or7. Will give to grandchildren for gradutions or weddings.

Blog Entries
    So far, with the exception of my very first quilt, everything I've made has been a gift for a family member, friend, or doll quilt swap partner. I hope this year to start, and hopefully finish, a scrappy quilt for myself. It will be made from scraps I inherited from my late mother. She saved fabric from clothes she made us when we were kids, and never got quilts made as she intended. So I will be making the quilts for my 2 brothers and me, hopefully by the end of this year.

The only quilt that I have that I made and kept is one for my son a baby blanket and two small doll size quilts that are around 12 or 16 in. I am working on one right now that will stay home with me only because it is for my dd.

Not enough, LOL

I'm going to re-birth a few and make jackets out of them. A couple I have made bags from, sold some, donated and gifted some. The amount won't stop me making them. Only if I am frail and infirm...

Wall hangings and bed quilts, roughly 11 but that doesn't count
    the ones I have give away.

I have 4 that I made myself and a couple that I have bought. I give most of mine away.

You should never store quilts in plastic. I use cotton pillow cases.

I also have learned that you should refold yuor quilts every couple of months in a different way
    so they don't wear on the folds.

I am just a beginning with quilting so at this time I am making quilts for my family. I have only truly completed one which went to my youngest sister and this week I am quilting on for my hubby and in the process of making one for my oldest sister. I hope you find a home for them!!

i have made and completely finished 5 quilts, 3 for my 3 grandsons, one for my sister, and just finished one for my dad.....i have 4 in the process of being done, at different stages of completion which will all be given to other family members....i do not know if i will ever keep one for myself......gina

I have 5 that we use, and 1 baby quilt waiting to be gifted. I usually donate my quilts as fundraisers or need. Or make them as gifts. This doesn't include quilts that are "under construction"

I have never kept track of them. :) I have given so many of them away to friends, family, anyone I know that has a baby, and have sold a few of them. I do have lots of quilts in the house. The kids all have at least 5 quilts at all times and I have a few too. I leave them on the back of the couches. I love the look of quilts...so cozy...makes you want to curl up with one.
    I plan on making many more, too! :)

I have 6, on display in our home. Otherwise I have a person in mind that its going to when I make the quilt. So ,I gift them.

Usually make them for gifts. Only keep a few extras and that is only until they are done. Not counting my personal ones of course.

Can't tell you how many have been gifted. I make them because they come from my soul and I can't help myself. I have no clue how many I've made and given away because I go through bouts when I don't photograph them. In my apartment, I have a quilt on my bed, one in the living room--used to hide the hole in the chair made by our "dog-ter"! on the daybed in my sewing area, is a quilt my mom made for my daughter (not the dog-ter) and on top of that is one I made and seems to want to be mine. There are also three lap-sized ones there too, two of which are earmarked for the local Project Linus. In the country, I have a quilt on daughter's bed, a quilt on my bed, a wall quilt in the study, one small one in the family room, and one in the guest room. I also have several quilts laying on the guest room bed for storage. These are ones I can't yet part with... In my sewing room, I have one completed quilt on the wall and various tops hanging up while waiting for their turn to be quilted. I also have several wall hangings I made in my office at work.

I have about 30 quilts. I have only gifted a few to close family and few friends. I store mine on a extra bed. I lay them on the bed then I have a quilt as a spread on the bed to cover them up. I put them out and rotate them according to my mood and season. I'm not to fond of just giving them away. Attached!!

Blog Entries
    So far all of my quilts have been gifts for someone else. I am working on a mystery quilt that will be for my queen bed. I am so excited. :lol:

Sunny Southern California, actually Riverside
    Blog Entries
    I have only kept a couple of mine. My first was a hand pieced crazy quilt which I sleep with at night. I also have a beautiful crisp looking blue and white log cabin that was my 17th quilt and my first quilt class. It was also the first of only four I have ever had long armed. I have one with Scriptures I made for a dear friend going through chemo and when she died her children returned it to me. Most of the rest of the finished quilts have found homes with someone they were made for or someone who admired them as they were being made. Close to 10 have been sold and dozens( I am not Kidding)are unfinished tops and sets of blocks waiting thier turn in line. 2011 goal is to finish at least one per month to share at guild Show and Share. Better get off here and QUILT!!!! Sew day all day tomorrow with the girlfriends. YEAH FOR QUILTY GIRLFRIENDS!!!

I have 3 bed quilts and 4 wall quilts.I give most of them to appointed recipients. I am doing a challenge which I might keep plus a queen size machine applique quilt for my bed( once I get all the patterns and finish it.

Way to many to count....they will always find a home where they will be loved and I don't think anyone can have too many quilts. That said, there are so many places that need donations, people I gift to and of course my grandchildren/daughters never seem to have enough.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast