Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How many have started on Christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by brenda21
    Jessica,
    What's inside of the coaster squares?
    Just a square of whatever left over batting I could dig up.

Here's a link to the pattern:

http://allsorts.typepad.com/allsorts...ross_coas.html

Blog Entries
    I think I can say I did as I plan on making gift quilts from the blocks I'll be getting back in the Batik swap, the Black/White and Bright Swap and the Hot Air Balloon swap. I have my blocks done for all of them so that should count as having worked on Christmas gifts. At least that's my take on all the work I've put into these swap blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by JudyG
    I think I can say I did as I plan on making gift quilts from the blocks I'll be getting back in the Batik swap, the Black/White and Bright Swap and the Hot Air Balloon swap. I have my blocks done for all of them so that should count as having worked on Christmas gifts. At least that's my take on all the work I've put into these swap blocks.
    My Mom is going to get the snowman swap block quilts. (And snowman placemats and napkins)

Mom always gets a little extra...

Blog Entries
    I have started deciding what I am going to make for my sisters and mother. Haven't started to sew yet. Still in the idea phase.

bejay those panels are very pretty. I bought 3 charm packs of Moda's Makin Friends to make a lap quilt for my son's family. I picked a pattern that was more winter rather than just Christmas, so they would be able to use it longer in their family room. Just planning a simple patchwork design.

I've crocheted a scarf and hat for my great niece and have started on a scarf for her mom as well. I am in the process of making a throw for my nephew's family. I have the blocks done and just need to do the sashing, borders, and backing. I did a cross stitch picture for my other nephew and his wife. I still have a few more planned.

Does thinking about it count????????? I really do love Christmas fabric though, so bright and cheery!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jetnica
    Quote Originally Posted by RevPam
    I enrolled in a Christmas Club at my LQS. We meet once a month for a surprise Christmas project, learning (or re-learning) different techniques each month. I love it!
    I'd love to see picture of your projects for your classes!! A bit of inspiration for the rest of us!!
    Me too!

Blog Entries
    I have guild presents to exchange and it's a challenge to find something new and fun to make.

Please no... don't make me do it.....!!!! :)

I've pieced 1 lap quilt so far. Took it to my longarm quilter last week. Wanted to be sure to have it in time for Xmas.
    Have been thinking about making some xmas stockings.
    I have some Debbie Mumm machine embroidery designs that has some great Santa's and other Xmas designs.
    I guess thats why the stores are having Xmas in July sales.
    A hint for us to get started. :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by jeanau
    bejay those panels are very pretty. I bought 3 charm packs of Moda's Makin Friends to make a lap quilt for my son's family. I picked a pattern that was more winter rather than just Christmas, so they would be able to use it longer in their family room. Just planning a simple patchwork design.
    Thank you.... that was from the Christmas in July at the LQS!

Really it don't matter to me....if I need a blanket any time of the year, I will grap me a Christmas/Winter themed blanket/quilt! I love the whole season, everything about it!

I think they make me feel cooler!

Quote Originally Posted by RevPam
    I enrolled in a Christmas Club at my LQS. We meet once a month for a surprise Christmas project, learning (or re-learning) different techniques each month. I love it!
    Pam - I'm in the Finger Lakes, which is sometimes considered Western NY... Would you share what shop is doing this?

I'm doin "FIRST TIME EVER" this year. one bro. quilt already done and sent [cancer patient], two bros. q.tops done: 3 sisters tops done , no, one needs border, 2. G babies a flannel/ fleece, raggy q.. thats everyone and then next year ,its me only me hahahaha. oh yeah, new boot stockings for immediate family-9-, if i can find the pattern,...i almost wish i hadn't written this down, now it looks to much, but i can do it, i have to do it. i have to go , i gotta sew........molly

I have made quite a lot for Christmas already.

I've got 7 different scrap quilts done and have 2 more to go. Then I will start on table runners, place mats and kitchen towels. Hopefully I can get it all done.

Blog Entries
    Last year, the girls got the quilts. This year it's the boys. I've got one that I just have to finish the binding on, one that the top is done and one I'm piecing. The 2 still in the works I'm undecided on the batting for. I used warm & natural in the first one, but it's large and heavy. The other 2 live here in FL, so I'm hoping to find a lighter batting. Not sure after that. I was hoping to do some tree skirts. I've got the makings for the French Braid one (for me).

Blog Entries
    I asked the same question on Dec 26, 2009 and I still have not gotten started, so what's up with that?

I started wall hangings. I have 3 ready to back & quilt. I think I need cooler weather & maybe Nutcracker music to really get in the mood.
    I have to do a Halloween tablecloth next!

I'm still trying to get my current WIPs as well as a few UFOs done. Some of those might end up as Christmas presents, but mostly not. I'm trying to come up with good 'guy' gifts that are fairly quick to make as I only have a couple of gals to sew for and about a dozen guys (ages 6 and up to 89)...any suggestions?

I thought about and then, true to my adult ADHD, I went onto something else. :)

j/k I don't make anything quilted for gifts as I would have to make multiples of 7. I do have 3 big tubs of Christmas fabric. Someday I will make a tree skirt and a throw for my living room.

My men like to cook. I made manly aprons with a big pocket. My grocer sells "Everything Rub". I put it in the pocket and say "Use your imagination"! The little guys would love those floor quilts with roadways to use with their blocks & little cars. Teenage guys like big body pillows. Older guys, ho about rice bafs for easing aches & pains. My massage therapist friend makes them w 5 channels to hold rice. Goes in microwave. And as they sing on Sesame Street "Keep Christmas w you all thru the year..."

I'm working on a quilt for SIL....not Christmas fabrics, but a Christmas gift, requested by DD. It is a dot-matrix picture of an old video game screen from some 80's era game...so I have to use all solids (UGH!), be perfectionistic about following the pattern and it's all done in pieces 1.5" (finishing 1") strips. YUCK! However....I have fabric for my first bargello sitting there waiting for me and I've promised myself I won't touch it til SIL's quilt is finished! :)

Not making anything for Christmas this year. I don't have too many people anyway and everyone has something. I use to make something every year for the Humane Society Christmas party but it was one of the gifts that were never switched (Dirty Santa) so I said the heck with it. Everyone seems to like the lottery tickets the best so that's what I am doing this year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jetnica
    I did!! I have the gifts for everyone in my boyfriend's family done. Working on a quilt now, then I will do my family!
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the placemats for his sister, soooooo cute!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast