Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: How many have started on Christmas?

I have purchased my fabrics for several Christmas gifts. I have them all washed, pressed and ready to cut out my projects. Guess I better get busy and start cutting and sewing or it will be December and I'll still be looking at the fabric.

I'm going to make totes for the ladies and still undecided what to do for the guys I'll probably make Christmas Baked Goodies for them.

I'm just finishing binding on a quilt for my granddaughter for Christmas. I hope to get lots more done for Christmas.

I've got Christmas left over from last year to finish... but I've started... I've got a snowman wall hanging cut out. I will probably pick that up again in a month or so. It took hours to cut out so I better finish it!!

YEP!
    Salina Yoon trains for Liam- Buildings done, cars basted.
    Paper dolls for Kenzie- quilts top done needs pockets and closet door.
    Flag quilt for Jeff- 10 of 48 blocks done, 20 more half way done.
    Hungry Caterpillar quilt for Zach- haven't started need fabric!

I have a table runner that I started LAST YEAR that still needs to be finished! Maybe this year.

Wow... There are quite a bit of people here that are working on Christmas too. Good Job!. I love making different shaped place mats, and table runners. I think my dad wants me to make him a Wolf Song quilt.

Blog Entries
    I have my grandsons' lap quilts finished!! Ready to wrap, but I have a lot of other projects yet to complete.

Oh, my - a couple of weeks ago, I said to my husband "I think I'll start making some Christmas gifts". My machine is ready and able, but......
    Dodee

I almost have my second quilt done for christmas presents. I try to get those done real early so I am not stressed at the last minute.

I have, in fact it is a year long project for me. Maybe I misunderstood. They are not Christmas fabric, rather Christmas gifts. One year I make gifts for all my girls and the next year for the men in my life. I have 1 quilt complete 2 in progress and agonizing over the one for my daughter in law which she won't like anyway and by the way I will probably have a new daughter in law by Christmas. A beautiful young lady from the Phillipines that I have yet to meet.

I love your avatar picture!

Quote Originally Posted by katyquilter
    I have my grandsons' lap quilts finished!! Ready to wrap, but I have a lot of other projects yet to complete.
    I love your avatar photo. It is beautiful.

I am starting on a Christmas gift next Saturday at a retreat - Hope to get it done as it is a wall hanging

Haven't started on any Christmas projects, yet. See, I said yet! If I think about it, does that count for starting??

I am making "Potato Chip Bags" for all the girls in the family. It is a cute, quick little purse pattern. The guys are getting mugs with a stip quilted "mug cozy". Purses are done. Mugs are not done yet.

I am handquilting the quilt for FIL and Step-MIL, ready to machine quilt the one for my chiropractor (she's a great chiropractor), and I am piecing the quilt for my MIL. Hopefully, I will have them all finished by Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by bejay28
    I have...actually I really only work on Christmas projects! I can't help myself, when all the Christmas fabrics come out in July, I stock up so I will have something to do all year around! Then more Christmas fabrics come out as we get closer in the season. Am I the only one?
    Havent started yet but have ideas,my GS has me busy making curtains for his bedroom that he is decorating in OU Sooners he is anxious for his curtains, going to make him a quilt to match for Christmas, hope I get it done

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma Phyl
    Quote Originally Posted by bejay28
    I have...actually I really only work on Christmas projects! I can't help myself, when all the Christmas fabrics come out in July, I stock up so I will have something to do all year around! Then more Christmas fabrics come out as we get closer in the season. Am I the only one?
    Havent started yet but have ideas,my GS has me busy making curtains for his bedroom that he is decorating in OU Sooners he is anxious for his curtains, going to make him a quilt to match for Christmas, hope I get it done
    That will be nice to have a matching quilt!

I have been working on Christmas gifts all year so far. Just finished sewing together the tops of eight quilts for my family and in the finial stage of putting them all together and do the quilting. For my 3 Grand kids I am making big patch work teddy bears. For my daughter and Daughter-in-law I am making place mats, napkins table cloth and crocheted doilies for the center of the table and doing a flower arangement of silk flowers. For my two sons I am making quilted cushions with a back for there computer chairs.

I've made one top not quilted yet, always doing something for someone else, I'm the last on my list

I have started saving money for Christmas and keeping a list of ideas for people as I think of them.

Vanessa

Yes, I've started on Christmas, both for presents that are not with Christmas fabrics, but also some wall hangings with Christmas fabrics. I have more Christmas stash of fabric than any other fabric. I just love Christmas!

I haven't started anything for Christmas but after reading all these responses
    I do feel inspired to find something cute and get started.

I'm not making quilts for Christmas this year. Everybody in my family got one last year. I might make a few jewelry rolls for friends and people who do work for me (my hairdresser, for example). They're easy. I do them on my embroidery machine.

You definitely are not alone!! I buy Christmas fabric as soon as it comes out. I love Christmas and making table runners, pillow cases, pot holders, etc. - the list is endless. And of course there are the Christmas quilts...

Quote Originally Posted by Karyn
    You definitely are not alone!! I buy Christmas fabric as soon as it comes out. I love Christmas and making table runners, pillow cases, pot holders, etc. - the list is endless. And of course there are the Christmas quilts...
    YEAH!!!!!! I love, love, love buying Christmas fabrics!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast