Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many have you made? >

How many have you made?

How many have you made?

Old 09-24-2010, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by MommaDorian
I would love to order the kit. Is there anybody here that would do the quilting for me. I'd love to do it all, but I can't quilt yet.
Sure you can! Nothing fancy required. I generally machine stitch diagonally through the blocks, starting at one corner and sewing until I hit the border, turn to the next block and just continue like that. Since these quilts will endure frequent washing, I machine stitch the binding down. There are suggestions included on the instruction sheet.

If I can do it, you definitely can do it. Nothing fancy. I promise.
:thumbup:
Old 09-25-2010, 01:11 PM
Power Poster

I would love to order the kit. Is there anybody here that would do the quilting for me. I'd love to do it all, but I can't quilt yet.
I use a decorative stitch and use the seam lines as a guide. You don't have to stay "right in the ditch" and no one will ever see that you have wandered :wink:

On this one I used the wavy serpentine stitch and another more open decorative one. You can also use a zig zag stitch, narrow or wide. I have made 6 quilts for Downy and have some more in the works :D:D:D

Make some little quilt sandwiches and practice using some of the stitches on your machine. Really tight designs don't work as well as more open ones.
Trust me, mine are NOT all centered over the seam lines, but from the back or the front you would never know :D:D:D

decorative stitches for the quilting.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]91291[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-91286.jpe  
Old 09-25-2010, 01:50 PM

I've probaly done about a dozen. Some of their kits and some of mine.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:55 PM

I've done some, but I also do for other charities. I would love to have the time to do more, but life marches on with other............................
Old 09-25-2010, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by amma
I use a decorative stitch and use the seam lines as a guide. You don't have to stay "right in the ditch" and no one will ever see that you have wandered :wink:

On this one I used the wavy serpentine stitch and another more open decorative one. You can also use a zig zag stitch, narrow or wide. I have made 6 quilts for Downy and have some more in the works :D:D:D

Make some little quilt sandwiches and practice using some of the stitches on your machine. Really tight designs don't work as well as more open ones.
Trust me, mine are NOT all centered over the seam lines, but from the back or the front you would never know :D:D:D
That's what I do.......takes the "boring" out of the picture and really reinforces the seams for the heavy and frequent washing.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:41 PM

Don't you have to provide the batting & shipping back to them too?
Old 09-25-2010, 06:04 PM
Power Poster

Yes, you provide the batting, they provide every thing else. I wait until I have several ready to ship, then I compress them in a plastic bag with my vacuum and ship them back. The shipping isn't that much... 3-4 quilts for $10.95 or less
Old 09-25-2010, 06:24 PM
Power Poster

amma, that quilt is soooo cute. Great job. Good for them and good for you.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:54 PM

I have done about 20 for them.I have 4 more ready to quilt.Great to do when I am stuck on what to make-they pick colors-I just sew them up and we as a family quilt them .It is a great organization.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:57 PM

I made 2 of them, just can't afford the postage right now. I make quilts for a local organization, The Linus Connection