Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: How many machines do you have?

I have 6 Vintage Machines (which includes 1 FW) + a Bernina 320, a Juki 98, a Janome 350E embroidery machine,
    the Black Singer 125th Anniversary machine & a Babylock Serger with the Air Threading system. I use ALL of them
    on a regular basis except the Vintage machines. Too many, never !!!!!
    Dance like no one is watching

Blog Entries
    I have a Janome embroidery machine that I use all the time. I have a 30 year old Viking machine that is my emergency machine. The motor is in the process of dying in the Viking. I took it for service and it would cost more more to repair than it is worth. I would love to get a smaller machine to take to classes because the embroidery machine is really heavy. Not in the budget right now.

I have a Bernina 830 so that's my main sewing and embroidery machine; 2 treadles (one a Singer and the other an Eldredge), a featherweight, a toy Eldredge and a Necchi that was built in the 40's! My favorite for straight stitch is the featherweight as I think it 'sings'!!!

I'm like the 'OLD WOMAN IN THE SHOE' so many her dosen't know what to do. It's to the point that my kids are makeing fun of all the machines, but if they see one they think I need it come home with them.
    Scrapy quilts have more love in them.

I have a 25 year old Sears Kenmore and a new Babylock Elizabeth. I love them both, although the kenmore no longer sews straight, its sort of like being on an ice skating pond

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I just have one Singer 66. Maybe another up in the attic. DH isn't sure if it went to the curb. He got it at a garage sale for $10.00 and did upholstery with it. Will have to look.

Poor me! I only have one...a Janome 6600. But I love that machine (at least most of the time) and never regret her purchase. I would love to have an embroidery machine, and someday a LA.....sigh....someday.

I just surprised that there are so few Bernina's. They are big in MA.

Blog Entries
    Hahaha....I have more than 18 machines....don't get me started or I will feel the urge to go out and get another! Actually I AM going to be purchasing a new Bernina embroidery machine this fall.
    The expert's mind has no room to learn while the beginner's mind is free to know everything....

Blog Entries
    OK, you ask, here is my collection,
    2 Model 66 Red eye. Treadles,
    1 singer model 127.
    1 singer model 27, this one is 104 yrs old, treadle and works great.
    1 singer reproduction model 15 -treadle works
    1 franklin made fro sears, old but works great and has a beautiful cabinet
    1 singer model 16
    1 Kenmore model 50
    1 old new home, love this one
    1 necchi , straight stitch only
    1 singer touch tronic 2001, wonderful machine
    1 feather weight 221
    1 brother PE-200 embroidery machine
    1 elna 740- I use all the time, great machine even for quilting
    1 Husqvarna Viking Diamond embroidery machine and sewing machine, this is my main one I use for embroidery.
    1 Baby Lock ESe2. it is embroidery and sewing, I also use this one.
    1 Serger Husquarna
    That is 17 and I sold three and have one more to get rid of, lol...I used to collect sewing machines until I ran out of room. The ones I listed are the ones that work and I do sew on them every now in then and keep them clean.
    The ones I use all the time are the ESe2 and the Diamond for embroidering and the Elna 740 for sewing. All others do work though.
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

I don't intend to collect, but I have a hard time letting loose of anything. I have a Bernina 1020 that I bought used years ago, a Pfaff 7570 that I inherited, a Babylock Symphony that I got last fall when I started sewing again after a long hiatus, and now a Babylock Crescendo because I've taken to quilting in a big way. I have 2 sergers, one I bought years ago, and another inherited. Then, I recently spent a whole $70 on a straight stitch Kenmore - bought one for a gift, and one for myself. I need to sell my Symphony, but am just too darn lazy to deal with it. Everything I have works great, but that Crescendo is all I really use these days.

I have 3. My old New Home which still works awesome - in fact used it this weekend at the dining room table to make three table runners. My newer Janome 6600P - which I LOVE!!! And then I have a 1600P on a frame - which I seldom use anymore - I like doing FMQ on my 6600. Might sell the 1600P and the frame - still undecided about that.

Power Poster
    I love your dog..I have one that looks just like him. I have 13 sewing machines. Bernina 185, Husqvarna serger s21,
    two Singer 201s, a Standard which I know nothing about. I have a Singer401A, a Singer treadle, a White rotary two Elna SU68s, four Kenmores, one new and three 158s different models. I don't need another machine but if a good deal came along I know I would have another...

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    Reading this thread I can't tell if we're bragging, complaining, inventorying, one-upping, hungering, or just plain nuts!!!

Jan in VA
    Plain nuts..........

Ten sewing machines and two sergers. My main quilter is my Juki TL2010Q-- free motion quilts like a dream! I have two featherweights, a Singer 15, a Japanese clone of a 15, two Singer 201s in various stages of repair, a Bernina Record 830, a Singer 403 WORKHORSE, and a lovely Singer 66-1 Lotus treadle. I love them all... my sewing machine "family".
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 17 Album of Blocks I Made for Others http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19654.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had a Bernina 930 and 730e. About 3 months ago I got a 1914 singer 15-30 treadle machine, a Janome 128 to carry around, a smaller Janome that had no light so 8 got the 128. And my sister just gave me my Mom's old machine a 1964 singer, which is the one I learned to sew on when I was 9. My mother lives with me and has a Janome 6600 which I have available for my use if for some reason the others just aren't enough. I also have a Janome serger.

The Berninas are the ones I use the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Amythyst02 View Post
    I have you all beat : ) as I have not one sewing machine.

Let me explain.

I had a Babylock Quest, and got such a great deal on the Serenade that I put it on lay away. Then my hubby got in this horrible m/c accident, and at the same time I was making our daughters wedding dress. I got the dress done in time for the wedding, and finally dh was able to come home from rehab. I put my machine on Craigslist so I could get my new machine. Sold it in 1 day. But like a dummy I held off getting the machine out of lay away right away, as I was busy with dh and some of his medications have been over the top $$ wise. So now I am short the money for my new machine. But ... tis fine, things will smooth out soon I am hoping and I can go and get my new machine and start quilting again.
    You did the right thing, taking care of your hubby. I hope he is recovering well and that you will soon be able to get your new sewing machine. All the best to you!
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 17 Album of Blocks I Made for Others http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19654.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I have Janome 11000SE which is my main machine
    Janome 9000 decided to keep when I got the new embroidery machine so I could still use my favorite design cards.
    1983 Kenmore mechanical
    1947 FW for taking to quilting group
    Atlas was my mother's needs cleaning
    Atlas in cabinet bought at Goodwill for $10
    Singer treadle that was my Great aunts
    Singer treadle in a parlor cabinet
    Janome 6600 that I use at the vacation home
    Viking serger

My goal is to have my machines readily accessible(sp) so they can be used on a fairly regular basis for teaching etc.
    I would like to have my treadles usable so i can piece quilts on them.
    A time to tear, And a time to sew;
    A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    2 Brother sewing machines
    1 Brother embroidery/sewing machine
    1 Pfaff sewing machine
    1 serger (bought it when Cloth World went out of business, lol and its pink!)
    1 Riccar sewing machine (I am told its equivalent to the featherweight Singer)
    Hmmm which do I use: right now the Pfaff Ambition 1.5, the serger is a beast to rethread lol

Hmmm.. just plain nuts as my DH tells me all the time !LOL
    Last edited by Caswews; 06-24-2013 at 06:26 AM.
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    I have 5:

Brother - my original machine bought in 1958, which still works well.
    Pfaff 2040 - love it but could never mast FMQ on it. (Not the machine's fault!)
    Brother 1500 - straight stitch only and a real trooper.
    ? - bought on line as an extra for my granddaughters to use. Great inexpensive ($200.00) machine.
    Brother INNOVA-IS 3000 - my quilting & FMQ machine. Love it! (It's only a year old.)

I just have one, a Brother LS2350 that my son bought me for Christmas last year. It's just an inexpensive and basic little machine that does straight and ziz-zag, but I've made 4 quilts on it now and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. When the budget allows, I want to get the Brother CS6000i. That's my next "upgrade".

I have nine. Just plain nuts, Jan.
    Yooper32 aka: Donna B

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    Reading this thread I can't tell if we're bragging, complaining, inventorying, one-upping, hungering, or just plain nuts!!!

Jan in VA

I think we're just plain nuts! No question about that....

Quote Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
    How many one NEEDS and how many one WANTS and how many one HAS and how many one USES are four different questions!,
    I
    This sounds like something my husband says!

Quote Originally Posted by callen View Post
    I have 6 Vintage Machines (which includes 1 FW) + a Bernina 320, a Juki 98, a Janome 350E embroidery machine, the Black Singer 125th Anniversary machine & a Babylock Serger with the Air Threading system. I use ALL of them on a regular basis except the Vintage machines. Too many, never !!!!!
    Just to clarify my earlier post - my Black Singer is NOT the 125th Anniversary machine but the 160th anniversary machine. It was made to replicate the older vintage Singers.
    Dance like no one is watching

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast