Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How Many Machines Do You Have/Use? >

How Many Machines Do You Have/Use?

How Many Machines Do You Have/Use?

Old 07-04-2014, 05:53 AM

I have my first machine, a Singer Style-Mate 347 that took me through my Home Ec. major in college and through all my three kids; a Singer 9940 that I have sewn and quilted ALL my quilts on; a treadle from my grandmother with numerous feet that I just "play" on, a small Brother Innov-is 900D that I bought for the 4" embroidery option BUT sews wonderfully and was used to make my DGD heirloom Christening gown & accessories; a 1956 - 221 FW I bought at an antique show locally; a White serger; and recently was gifted by a friend of my mom's: a Bernina 1260 AND a Bernina serger.........................so eight if you include the sergers.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:07 AM

4 2 sewing machines,1 ;10 needle embroidery machine and 1 longarm quilting machine.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:22 AM

Four-each set up so that I can use the best features of each.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:09 AM

5 that are in working condition but only really use the Bernina at home and take the FW out & about. I also still have the one I bought when I first got married 35 years ago - it's an old 1920's Singer in a cabinet that I've carted all around the countryside while we were in the military. I sewed maternity & baby clothes on it and then even learned to FMQ on it several years back.

And I have a couple of treadles and a few other oldies for decoration as I was an interior designer and wanted my home to reflect my passion. Plus I have a collection of small toy machines just because. No one gets it and that makes me laugh.
Nice thread, I see I am not alone
Old 07-04-2014, 08:10 AM

I have about 14 but 3 are toy machines. Recently purchased another FW --1949. Thread jammed then dh tried to help me take out the bobbin casing area and he broke the hook part . Not local repair people and spent time this morning looking for a phone #. Easy to get parts if I wait until I am in FL in Nov. but I had the FW set up in kitchen and worked on charity cancer quilt while waiting. Finished quilt on my best machine.
Yes, becomes a hobby in a hobby but I have to stop because of room as happens with others too.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:50 AM

I have three machines and four if I count the one my DGD has in Seattle. My Esante is used mostly, then my little Brother and my Singer. I love all of them. Use my Brother for retreats since it is really light weight, my Esante for home mainly and my Singer for a change of pace. It does great seam work. Perfect 1/4 inch.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:12 AM

I have a 1911 White rotary treadle, a 1912? Singer red eye treadle both in cabinets and no room to use them. I have Helen, my grandmothers 201-3, and a (new to me) 91-15, a singer with cams, a Kenmore 1521 I bought new, a Baby lock serger from 1980's (3 thread) also bought new a Kenmore 190000 embroidery machine, a janome 4 thread serger and an 80 stitch brother SQ-9000 and I had to quit getting any more due to lack of space. 8 machines and 2 sergers, just wish I had a sewing room and could have them all set up and use them.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:22 AM

I thought I had a lot but only 11, I use them at different times for what ever strikes me at the time. I was going to sell as I got new ones, but found that I liked them too much. Glad I'm not the only one.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:12 AM
Power Poster

Before we had to downsize and move to a 2-bedroom apartment, at one point I had 7 machines, 2 in cabinets and 5 portable. I had loaned my Singer to my sister and when she passed away it went to her granddaughter, one cabinet machine went to my DDIL, and since I have this fantastic memory, I can't remember where the rest went, except that I took 2 machines with my - my Janome 4000 and an older Brother; then shortly after moving I received a Sears Kenmore machine which was almost identical to my Janome from a friend. She had seen it at the town's recycling center, so she passed it on to me, however, it makes a klunking noise, so I'll have to wait until I can afford to take it in for service, as I loved my old Kenmore, which met an untimely death when I burned out the motor - apparently too much quilting. LOL. Whenever my Janome gets tempermental and she needs to go in for therapy, I don't go into withdrawal as long as I have the Brother as a backup. I realize 7 machines was a lot to have all at once, however, I did meet a woman that had 10 machines, so I didn't feel quite so bad.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:30 AM

I have my 401A I bought new in 1958 that is still my favorite a Brother computerized and a Brother embroidery. I would have more if I had the space for them.