Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Quilts are in Your Home?

Hmmmmmmmm, well from where i am sitting i can see 12, 2 full size, rest are lap size and wall ones, lots more upstairs in the bedrooms and on the wall going up. Probably 35-40

I have probably about 15 quilts in my home. Unless, of course, you count WIP's and UFO's... :oops:

Blog Entries
    At least 50, maybe more. Was mostly my mom's, and sister's. They both are gone now, so I got them all. Only a few I have made. But I love them all..And I miss them both more everyday, but their quilts are great memories that I hold dear...

Blog Entries
    I have about 20. Most are from my grandmother in law. I have a baby quilt my great grandmother made for my dad. I only have 7 that I made.

I have at least 100-all sizes. Not to mention the ones I've given away. I take a picture of every quilt I make and keep them in a album!

I have two wallhangings and three bed quilts that are "out" to be enjoyed, but I probably have 30-40 waiting for homes or keeping because I can't bear to part with them. My very first project is a wallhanging that is above my headboard as a reminder of how far I have come since 2001. One of the best things I have ever done for myself was to take the adult-ed quilting class. Found my passion and a group of the best friends ever, as we meet every week for our stitch n bitch group and have also created a little guild which meets once a month to create donation quilts.

No you're just fine. Tell your husband that my sister-in-laws walls in her home are held up with my quilts.

I have only one that I made, 3 that my Mom made (one for me and 2 for DH), and a wall hanging of a Louisiana Blue Crane that my DGD made for my birthday. It is special because she made it and I was raised on the coast and love the old Blues. All my quilts were made for gifts to family.

I only have 2 of my quilts here. Probably because my output is slow as I do everything by hand, but also because I usually make my quilts as gifts.

upstairs I have 21 either on the beds, couches or displayed
    and 18 downstairs on display

about 10 completed and about 10 in various stages towards completion. most given away as gifts.

I have made eight finished quilts so far for my family and making a over sized queen for my bed.

Probably close to what you have. Only one is a wall hanging. I have 14 children so most quilts are in use.

I only have three.........none made by me but that is going to change now!!!!

Blog Entries
    I have none--I give all of my quilts away. There is only one wallhanging that I made that I wished I had kept--but the friend I gave it to loves it, so that's OK. I still have the pattern so I may make another one someday. I do put pictures of all of my quilts in a scrapbook with the story behind the quilts. So at least I have a good reminder of what I have made!

I have 8, but am planning on making more for me :)

Blog Entries
    I always have my most current finished quilt hanging on my dining room wall. Even if it is one I am giving to someone. I love to see them completed. I have quilts on 2 beds. 2 throws in the den for anyone to snuggle under. Two chairs covered with quilts. 2 Wall hangings.

That make 9 that are displayed. Many more on shelves or cabinets.

too many to count!

I have 3 on the beds and 3 or 4 small ones stashed waiting to be gifted, several runners and placemats.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieR
    I have none. It's very bad. As soon as they're done they just flow through my hands like water.

I wish I had kept some!
    I LOVE your avatar! Amen!

Blog Entries
    I keep all my finished quilts in a unused bedroom on the bed. It's great. I layer them one on top of the other and only have to turn back each quilt to see the next one and the quilts are all contained in one spot. I have a large quilt rack on my living room wall that I change out the quilt hanging on it every month or two. I change out the quilt on my bed often and when the kids come to stay a few nights they use the quilts for bedding, usually one goes home with one of the kids every time. LOL

Blog Entries
    One.

Guess I will have to count mine. Mine are usually gone when I finish them but lately have been trying to save some for just me. Maybe 15 or so, most are wall hangings or lap quilts, the bigger ones seem to find new homes fast.

God Rewards those who create. I have 19 show pieces hanging in my home, 36 finihsed teaching samples in the closet,82 quilts for my Quilters Journey Lecture. My studio has about 15 ready to be quilted for other people, and 7 current projects for myself. I have hand work in every room, quilt magazines and books in every bedroom and bathroom. I built a closed 6' deep x 12' wide shelves for my finished work.

Blog Entries
    Too many to remember! I have wall hangings for each season. I have quilts stacked in a glass display case and 5 on a quilt display ladder, plus two or three on a quilt rack. I have several I am waiting to display after I show then in a quilt show in June, plus one on my bed, of course! :)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast