Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How Many Quilts are in Your Home?

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaB
    My lovely DH reminded me the other day, that I have over 36 completed quilts/wall hangings in our home. Am I in the norm, or is that too many. So, how many do you have, that are displayed or used on a bed or couch?
    I have more then I want to count Compleated plus several unfinished ones.

My DH says I can't make a quilt unless I have a good home for it. Little does he know that we have a wonderful home. I just pull them out at different times and say "Oh, this old thing."

Blog Entries
    Around 20 that can be seen, from miniature to K size.Maybe another 12 put away ,plus a short stack of UFOs.I switch them around according to seasons & always use 4-5 table runners.

My lovely DH reminded me the other day, that I have over 36 completed quilts/wall hangings in our home. Am I in the norm, or is that too many. So, how many do you have, that are displayed or used on a bed or couch?

Blog Entries
    Quilts large and small, wallhangings, dolls quilts and tablerunners - I would have over 200. I never give any away to family or friends but I do quilts for donation to charities quite often.

Is there such a thing as too many?

Blog Entries
    I only have 2 and those are not even ones I made. Mine never stay here long enough for me to use.

Blog Entries
    I have only 4 out of the many I have made. But, all my friends and family have my quilts and love them, so I am happy.

About 12 and I am surprised that I have that many. Jan

I have 27 of the quilts I've made, 4 that my grandmother made, 5 vintage quilts I've collected over the years & 3 store bought quilts.

ive finished 5 of them and gave them all away. I am working on one now. The daisy one. I think it will be for me. Maybe. lol

NONE left they all went up in smoke on new years day. but I am back quiltmaking and have 1 top nearly done. but I am also busy making curtains for our mobile home that we are that we are converting from a bus.

Quote Originally Posted by litacats
    NONE left they all went up in smoke on new years day. but I am back quiltmaking and have 1 top nearly done. but I am also busy making curtains for our mobile home that we are that we are converting from a bus.
    Oh my, what a sad way to loose your quilts. Good luck on your new quilt making.

Blog Entries
    not sure my spare bed has 22 finished quilts one as in wip not sure how many on the chest at the foot then there is my bedroom and the closet so must take an inventory

Blog Entries
    I have 10, excluding miniature ones. Most of mine go out as fast as I can make them (and that's slow!) If you're counting ones that aren't quite finished yet.. then probably about 25. :D

Quote Originally Posted by tuesy
    I'd say maybe 25 or so if we're counting wall hangings.
    That is about what I have --that inlcudes 6/7that are displayed together in a quilt case. But they are on chairs, table tops, walls, windows, etc. etc. As I'm writing this I can think of 7 or 8 more! I'm not at home but just thinking about them in my mind. I have given away many many quilts. I wonder when my kids are going to "revolt" and tell me enough is enough, but I'm planning on another Christmas of giving quilts probably next year.

Blog Entries
    I have 5 of my quilts in my home...all the rest of the 100 have gone as gifts or as donations, and some I have sold. Some of them I wish I had kept, but I am sure they are being loved where they are. I am on a streak now making some to keep...I have 3 in the works that will stay home with me and DH.

I have at least 50some are baby quilts because I tried this as a business. Plus 7 unfinished

Blog Entries
    I truly just started being serious about them in March 2010 But I have 9 I made for us over the tears. We had a Pepperel outlet and could buy secdons for $2.00 a pound. King sise cost about $9.00 Beautiful stuff. No one will part with there quilts.So now I am making them for nieces and nephews.

Twenty two at home.

I have about 25-30. I don't give many away in fact very few

Blog Entries
    It is a very good feeling to give a quilt away as it makes someone feel very very special.

ok, on display in my home, in use in my home or stored in my home? I have 2 or 3 on display, 3 or 4 in use and about 56 (lap, baby, wall hangings, table runners, etc) in a big wooden chest the DH made for me.

Power Poster
    I have 5 or 6.

Blog Entries
    Just refolded and changed the quilts in my house.. 44. too many perhaps.. it was a lot of work to get them all refolded and moved about and put away.

I love them all, use them all.. We sleep under them, they are on the backs of the couchs, in the chairs, hanging on the stairs, I have quilts everywhere.. no need for anyone to be chilly here!!

I have the first one I made at the only class I took but it's just a top, another small OBW and the one I'm working on currently for my niece. Also a bunch of appliqued animal squares which I'm not sure what I'll do with.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast