Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: How Many Quilts are in Your Home?

Blog Entries
    I have 1 that I bought from JC Pennys, so to me that don't count, and I'm making my first now. I'm working on the quilting do that part by hand.

Don't have that many in my home - but if I visited everyone I've given one to it might total that. I don't keep most of what I make, but my DH is starting to hint that I should start making more for our own home.

Blog Entries
    only about 40 of the 400 I have made so far

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I was just counting mine, because I have a trunk show in a couple of weeks at my local quilt store. I may have about 50, but a lot of them are table runners or wall quilts, and only 10 or so are large enough to go on a bed. Here's my thing: I have no weddings or grandbabies in my family right now, so once the beds are covered, and everyone has a lap quilt of their own, then you start in on the walls, then the table, with a quilt for every reason and every season. I've given away several, and even sold a couple at family reunions for fundraisers. Soon, I know I'll need to pass them along to make space for everything new I want to try, and for all the UFOs that I am determined to get finished (about 66 now - oh, oops, never mind, I just made a new quilt top today. Make that 67 :) )

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaB
    My lovely DH reminded me the other day, that I have over 36 completed quilts/wall hangings in our home. Am I in the norm, or is that too many. So, how many do you have, that are displayed or used on a bed or couch?
    13 wall hangings, 6 queen size quilts and unknown quantity of quilted throws. Sounds like I have room for more. lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaB
    My lovely DH reminded me the other day, that I have over 36 completed quilts/wall hangings in our home. Am I in the norm, or is that too many. So, how many do you have, that are displayed or used on a bed or couch?
    4,1 on each bed and 1 couch quilt. We keep trying to make extras, but ours are sold before they are finished. If a customer comes in,sees it and says they want to buy it when it's done then we sell it.A quilt can keep you warm but money sure helps me pay the bills.Eventually I get the extra quilts made.

Quote Originally Posted by pvquilter
    Can't begin to count.I used to give everything away. Now I am keeping things for my self and give to my family.
    I still do. If a friend or relative comes over and sees a quilt that they really like,I give it to them.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4