Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many rulers or tools have you bought but... >

How many rulers or tools have you bought but...

How many rulers or tools have you bought but...

Old 10-22-2009, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by omak
I admit to NOTHING! 8)
I'm with Omak on this.. Pleading the 5th!!!
Old 10-22-2009, 09:00 PM

LOL ... keep reading :wink:

Originally Posted by tuesy
Originally Posted by omak
I admit to NOTHING! 8)
I'm with Omak on this.. Pleading the 5th!!!
Old 10-22-2009, 09:01 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
Originally Posted by amma
...but I have a lot of presser feet, a number of them were purchased in the quest to find the "perfect" 1/4 inch foot LOL I have looked at many rulers, but put the money towards templates instead :roll:
Take heart amma, you have not been on that quest alone, sad to say. :roll: Multiple your quest by at least three for my different machines - before I learned some of them were interchangeable, but some are not. :?

I have jumped into the template arena yet. What kind(s) are you collecting?
Off the top of my head I have the templates for the storm at sea, drunkards path, melon blocks, probably4 or 5 others too...then I got EQ (is that a tool too??) and I tend to use those now instead...but I did buy Fons and Porter's triangle trimmers, bias tape makers, and I have a wish list of about 10 other presser feet too :oops: :roll: LOL I find that I am starting to find ways to use them all...anything to help with certain techniques that I like to play with :D I look at different tools and gadgets all of the time...most look to complicated or too expensive...however the circle gadget attatchment keeps screaming out my name :roll: :lol: :roll:
Old 10-22-2009, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by amma

Off the top of my head I have the templates for the storm at sea, drunkards path, melon blocks, probably4 or 5 others too...then I got EQ (is that a tool too??) and I tend to use those now instead...but I did buy Fons and Porter's triangle trimmers, bias tape makers, and I have a wish list of about 10 other presser feet too :oops: :roll: LOL I find that I am starting to find ways to use them all...anything to help with certain techniques that I like to play with :D I look at different tools and gadgets all of the time...most look to complicated or too expensive...however the circle gadget attatchment keeps screaming out my name :roll: :lol: :roll:
Oh, you've been seriously bitten, or is that smitten? LOL :lol: At least you're finding ways to use them, that makes it worth it. I haven't yet ventured into curvy quilting, so I'm behind you on the template game, for sure. :)

"Is EQ a tool?" you ask? Well, I suppose you could say it is. Regardless, I'm guilty as charged, too! :lol: I'm still learning to use mine, but then, aren't we all? :wink:

Now you've piqued my curiosity amma, just what is this "circle gadget attachment" you're referring to? Inquiring minds would like to know! :?:
Old 10-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Power Poster

It is an attatchment that helps you to sew perfect circles of various sizes..
You snap it on after adjusting the size you want and pedal to the medal and you have sewn a perfect circle. I am thinking of it for use with decorative stitches for some quilting...or decorating denim skirts...it would be great for Cathedral Window's.... I just realized I sound like a infomercial :roll: :oops: :lol: Or am I trying to justify the purchase to myself??? 8) 8) 8)
Old 10-22-2009, 10:08 PM

The link!
we need the link!
or did you already post that, and I wasn't paying attention???
it's that little horse running back and forth ... I lose all track of direction!
Old 10-22-2009, 10:44 PM
Power Poster

I feel like an enabler :oops: :roll:

http://blog.jennys-sewing-studio.com/?cat=50

scroll down to the circular stitcher
I am pretty sure that they make these for other makes of machines, too.

My little red pony??? He is running around whistling a tune...you remember "Whistle While You Work" 8)
Old 10-22-2009, 11:02 PM

I have quite a few specialty rulers, many of them yard sale finds. One that I did buy and haven't used a lot (yet) is the Flying geese ruler. Some are more like templates, and it is good to have them when you need a certain shape.

I'm sure I'd have more if they'd just lower the prices!
Old 10-23-2009, 03:28 AM

Yes, I have a problem... My name is Deb and I am addicted to gadgets. That is all I can say. If it is out there I want it. I like gadgets.

I have about a dozen rulers and I have yet to learn how to use them - nearly all of them have been left untouched...
Old 10-23-2009, 06:09 AM

I have a 6x12 a 12.5x12.5 and the fiskar cutter ruler in one.

I was looking for something like the circle stitcher when I started making Liam's quilt. I ended up fixing a thumb tack to my machine. like this... http://sewing.about.com/library/sewn.../aaqa0205a.htm