Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How Many WIP's Do YOU Have?  Be honest! >

How Many WIP's Do YOU Have? Be honest!

How Many WIP's Do YOU Have? Be honest!

Old 05-24-2008, 06:05 PM

I think it would be waaay to embarrassing to actually count my WIPs. I not only have ones that I started I also have ones that I buy at antique stores. Some are blocks but my favorite is a log cabin variation that was being sold because the lady's family said she was too ill to work on it any more. It came in a plastic bin with the pieces cut and the pattern book enclosed. I'm not sure what the finished size will be but I don't really care. Maybe I'll get to work on it this summer.
My sister-in-law also likes to ask me to fix old quilts for her. One was one my grandmother made for my brother years ago (40?) when he was young. When I finally finished it I had to laugh because it was definitely made by a non-quilter. If the fabric didn't fit right she just cut if off or folded it to make it fit. She tried. I also have a quilt top that my grandma's sister-in-law made. It is 40's or 50's fabric, lots of that melon orange color. It just waits with other things on the to do list to be done some day. Maybe they'll just be treasures for future generations!!!
Old 05-24-2008, 08:11 PM

I have 20 WIP in various stages of unfinished. I was shocked when I counted them up. Guess I better get some of them done.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:50 AM

I think it's a great idea AGGI.....I'm up for a WIP challenge. You and I could knock out a ton just by quilting our tops. I have 20 quilts to be sandwiched and quilted.

I thought of this idea for the drawing so that those with less WIP would have a chance. How about you get one entry in the drawing for EVERY WIP you complete? That way everyone has a shot. This would make it work for those with one WIP or 50+ (sadly, that's me).

What do ya'll think?
Old 05-25-2008, 06:00 AM

Aggi:
I, too, like your idea of having a WIP challenge. Count me in if you decided to go for it. :-o
Old 05-25-2008, 09:26 PM

I found three more WIP today! Holy smoke, I better get going on them! I'm in on the deal if someone comes up with one. It would be a great incentive. At our BOM class we get a one dollar coupon if we finish the block to be used at the quilt shop. You would be surprised how many get their blocks done just so they can get that coupon. Are we all a little crazy or what.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by imaquilter
I think it's a great idea AGGI.....I'm up for a WIP challenge. You and I could knock out a ton just by quilting our tops. I have 20 quilts to be sandwiched and quilted.

I thought of this idea for the drawing so that those with less WIP would have a chance. How about you get one entry in the drawing for EVERY WIP you complete? That way everyone has a shot. This would make it work for those with one WIP or 50+ (sadly, that's me).

What do ya'll think?
Hello!!
I'm only getting to your message now after all weekend. I think that is an AWESOME idea!! that way everyone whether they have 1 WIP or 90 WIPS they are all eligible!!!! I love your idea!! That would DEFINETELY work!!!

hmmm so... so far I have heard of three people that would definetely be interested in this challenge. I don't mind being the coordinator for this challenge. I would like if there were more than 3 people that would like to do this! I guess if this is a go, we would need to see if the boss of the site would let us have this and how I go about setting it up.

I don't mind volunteering to coordinate the challenge, unless someone else would like to do it! I just hope if we do this there is more response.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
Originally Posted by imaquilter

What do ya'll think?
Hello!!
I'm only getting to your message now after all weekend. I think that is an AWESOME idea!! that way everyone whether they have 1 WIP or 90 WIPS they are all eligible!!!! I love your idea!! That would DEFINETELY work!!!

hmmm so... so far I have heard of three people that would definetely be interested in this challenge. I don't mind being the coordinator for this challenge. I would like if there were more than 3 people that would like to do this! I guess if this is a go, we would need to see if the boss of the site would let us have this and how I go about setting it up.

I don't mind volunteering to coordinate the challenge, unless someone else would like to do it! I just hope if we do this there is more response.
Aggi/Andrea:
Thank you for your willingness to coordinate this possible challenge.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:52 AM

You cleaned out your sewing room? If I did that I would never find anything again. I don't count my UFOs. I look at it this way. Every bag of scraps is a mystery to be explored. When I work on a quilt or whatever, I sometimes get bored so I go from one to the other. Then the work is always fresh. Eventually I get quite a lot finished but it's like giving up old friends. Then I look into my stash and begin dreaming of all the new friends I can make. Ain't sewing grand.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:49 PM

Count me in also. The idea of a drawing sounds like a really good idea. Everyone has a good shot at winning.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:54 PM

Let's see...

the longest wip I have (I call them ufo) is a cathedral window I'm making for my dad's retirement. He keeps putting it off and so do I!

I also have a project I cut out before Christmas last year and didn't complete. Could have it done in two hours, but hey, it's flannel, it's warn here now, it can wait.

Have many leftover strips from a quilt I made for a friend (in exchange for a Jeep Cherokee!) that my daughter wants me to make one for her with.

Have my church group's current project in house. Not completely mine, but I'm helping and it is here as I type...

Some folks counted material gather for a certain quilt. I have one like that. My daughter's crazy quilt. We've been collecting special pieces for over a year now. Will probably be collecting for another year before we have enough to fill a quilt.

My current piecework for my MIL, guess that puts me to 6.

That's about how many unfinished vehicle projects my husband has outside. Guess we were made for each other :lol: