Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many of you actually have sewing studio/room >

How many of you actually have sewing studio/room

How many of you actually have sewing studio/room

Old 02-11-2011, 10:28 AM

You Go Girl, :That was my dream too, but now I would just love to go to your barn !
Old 02-11-2011, 11:32 AM

I have 2 of them. One here in town and one in our mountain retreat. There I have a whole loft area with lots of room to spread out. It has sloping ceilings so I have no area for a design wall, but I have a lot of floor space and if I really need to get a good look, I go down stairs and lay it out and then go back up and look over the rail. If I want something changed around, Hubby is down there to do it for me. He is a big help. Jan
Old 02-11-2011, 02:01 PM

I have the spare room but there is a wardrobe in it as the other bedroom is too small to take more than a bed and dresser, buut I can close the door and it's my space then :D
Old 02-11-2011, 03:00 PM

Yes, I do actually have a room for my sewing/quilting/fabric. When I thought for sure none of my kids would be returning to live with us, I took over the 2nd bedroom in our house for my sewing. I had been, in the past, using a corner of my bedroom, then the 'den'. I love it. While I am in the middle of a project, I can close the door and go off and leave whatever I'm doing, and find it just exactly as I left it. :D - with the closet for my stash!!
Old 02-11-2011, 03:09 PM

I do but I had to move my desk and computer out to the dining room. I am waiting for a double sewing table to be delivered so I mcan finish it up. I do need to get another chair and I can use it!!

Judy
Old 02-11-2011, 04:39 PM

I have a small guest bedroom converted into a sewing room. DH installed kitchen cabinets and counters for me to store stuff. I love that I have a room of my own...first time since I was 18 mos. old and my sister was born!!!! LOL

In AZ many of the houses are built with enormous master bedrooms. What a waste of space, if you ask me. I was kind of joking/kind of serious when I asked my DH if we could move to the guest bedroom and use the master for my sewing room (it would fit a long arm with room to spare!). He told me I could do it with my next husband!!!! I am very grateful for what I have!
Old 02-11-2011, 04:57 PM

Alas no, we only have 5 rooms. 3 bedrooms and living room and eat in kitchen. I do have space in our large bedroom. When one of the kids moves out I will take over that room, until then my lack of space keeps my stash under control. lol
Old 02-11-2011, 06:52 PM

When my son moved out about 10 yrs. ago,I took over his bedroom upstairs. The funny thing was, he didn't even have all his stuff out and my husband was moving my sewing stuff upstairs! was that a hint or what. before that my sewing area was a corner of the basement utility room, a.k.a. the dungeon! It sure is nice to have my own room where I can shut the door and be alone to sew.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:11 PM

I hasve a sewing room. It used to be the dining room, but we added on, including an extencion of the kitchen with room for a table, so the dining room is now my sewing room
Old 02-11-2011, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by katvert
It is a little relieving to hear that I am not the only one who still sews at the table. I have a corner of the garage for supplies in tubs.

One more semester of college and then we will be looking for a bigger house and hopefully more space for everyone.
Don't worry about it--I worked on the kitchen table, dining table (when we got one), and the living room floor until ( was 57 years old. It's wonderful to have a sewing room, but there are many higher priorities. It will happen eventually.