Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How Many of You  Actually use Your Quilts...... >

How Many of You Actually use Your Quilts......

How Many of You Actually use Your Quilts......

Old 01-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Power Poster

My quilt is getting threadbare from use and repeated washing. It is a true comfort quilt and makes Linus' blanky look like a silly rag. lol
Old 01-03-2010, 08:42 PM

We use our quilts. All the ones we gifted to kids and grandkids are lovingly used, every day, for play or sleeping, or cuddling. I use 2 on our couch, and one in my '62 T-Bird, because the heater doesn't work. I sometimes worry about that, because what if someone steals the car? There goes the quilt!! Oh well, I do need it to keep warm.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:49 PM

They are used here and my sons use them also. The first one I made for my son when he was in basic training 13+ years ago went to Iraq and the hospital when my GD was born LOL he takes it everywhere with him.
For Christmas I made DIL and 2 GD a quilt top quilted to a 6ft beach towel (they are stationed in HI) they already taken them to the beach.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:41 PM

I have quilts all over the house and they are all used!! Had to fold 4 of them this morning after the movie watching last night. They are on all 4 beds as well!
Old 01-05-2010, 05:51 AM

yep mine all get used, I give washing instructions to the lucky person I give a quilt to and tell them the quilt has a lifetime warranty, anything happens just send it back to the manufacture (that's me) for repairs.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:14 AM

I use mine all the time. I have two, one I made for my father and one I made for the grandmother of my grandson that I have put away. Both these people have passed and I am saving them to pass on to my grandchildren.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:19 AM

Yes, I use my quilts.....even the one my Grandmother made for my husband and I several years ago. I made special quilts that are kept in the van for emergencies or camping. We use quilts to snuggle under while watching TV. We use quilts for picnicing.

I do have one quilt that has gone into retirement and hangs on the wall. It is a 9-patch quilt that my youngest sister made our furbaby, Bandit. She embroidered his name in the center block. After Bandit passed over Rainbow Bridge I decided to hang it on the wall. It's a little worn in spots as he used it for over 10 years......but those worn spots make it special.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:04 AM

I have not made any for myself, but I do have the first quilt I made for my mother. I got it back after my mother passed away last year. I use it everyday on my bed. However, I have given others away to siblings and have several who have them put away! I encourage them to use them, but they think they are too pretty to use...I don't get it either----they were made to use.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:10 AM
Lyn

I made one for my bed but my ds made such a stink over it that I gave it to him. He wraps it around him at night at college. My married daughter's cats have left a few hairballs on them. I don't care. The quilts are to be used. I think the thing that surprises me the most is that my quilts have gone through so many washings and not fallen apart. :)
Old 01-05-2010, 07:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by pinkypig
yep mine all get used, I give washing instructions to the lucky person I give a quilt to and tell them the quilt has a lifetime warranty, anything happens just send it back to the manufacture (that's me) for repairs.
You sound like me LOL!!

I tell the new owners to use it like they stole it and when it wears out come on back and I will have another one waiting on them!

Billy