Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How Many of You  Actually use Your Quilts...... >

How Many of You Actually use Your Quilts......

How Many of You Actually use Your Quilts......

Old 01-05-2010, 07:18 AM

Of the quilts that i've kept, the one thats on my bed gets used the most. and yes our 3 longhaired cats are there too. they romp on it, puke on it and leave lots of hair on it. it cost so much to make because it is kingsized, that i don't encourage them to play on it. I'm not looking forward to making anothewr one for that bed. it took me forever to find fabrics in the right colors for the room. maybe we'll take down the wallpaper and change colors when this quilt wears out.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:35 AM

We use ours. I do put a sheet over the bed at night since Grizzly sleeps with us.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:50 AM
cjc

I have 3 on my bed now. It was cold. 14 degrees in North Georgia this morning when I got up.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:02 AM

Yep I use mine. I make quilts all year and give them as christmas presents. I would rather shop for fabric than shop in the crowded stores during the holidays.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by cutebuns
We use all of them, they barely make it to their new home before they are wrapped around the new owners. and for the ones that stay here they are used before they are done, the dogs and cats all love to help,
I use the ones I made for my husband, my youngest and middle son. The older 2 are UFO. I so agree with you on the cats and dog thing! We have 1 white, 1 grey, and 1 dark tiger striped cats and our Bull mutt as we call her, (cross of American Bulldog, pit bull, and either pointer or liver spotted dal- the jury is still out on that one) all sleep on the top cover- which is usually a quilt.
Our dog is so spoiled, she now will always grab a blanket of some type or quilt- whatever she can get her paws on and will fuss with it until she has it spread out under her.

Bella on her personal blankie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]63107[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-63102.jpe  
Old 01-05-2010, 09:24 AM

I have many of my quilts hanging on the wall, since I have high ceilings and the space to hang them. We also use many of them, and I am starting to give more away to my children and even their friends. Someone should enjoy and appreciate them!

Chris
Old 01-05-2010, 09:41 AM

Right now my Cockapoo is snuggling on my flannel turning 20. She does share it with me at night. In the summer i have a lighter, Irish chain that we share, but when it is wet and muddy outside, I do insist on keeping a DOGGIE blanket on top of the quilt so I am not covered in dirt. lol
Old 01-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Bev

The only ones I have made that don't get used on beds or whatever, are small wall quilts. They're sort of artsy and wouldn't be large enough to use, even as a lap quilt.
All the rest of my quilts get used. My g'daughter has used hers for picnics, for beach blankets, and for her dorm bed. Her mom, my daughter uses hers for beds, for sofa snuggling, and for the beach also. I once made jeans quilts for the big boys in the family, and they (now in high school) still use them for everything including football games in northern winters. They live in Ohio. All of the family pets have their own and really use them constantly. It gives me a feeling of being appreciated!
Old 01-05-2010, 10:52 AM

We use all the ones I've made. I'm hoping the ones I've given as gifts are used. That's what I made them for!
Old 01-05-2010, 10:56 AM

I haven't gotten a chance to use any of the quilts I have made. Gosh darnit - they have ALL been gifts!! I have a quilt for me, DH, DS & DD (that would be 4) on my TO-DO list for 2010. Preferably in the first half of the year!!