Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How much time do you average per day quilting? >

How much time do you average per day quilting?

How much time do you average per day quilting?

Old 06-28-2010, 05:57 PM

Iusually try to spend about 3 hours. I get up and do the inconvient housework and errands etc. I then can usually spend from one o clock to four oclock sewing. That is also the time my dogs take their naps. They spend all morning playing and then they get their noon snack and then they are ready for their nap ( they are just like kids) At four I feed them and then start dinner for my DH and me. The dogs usually play for another couple of hours. If I am lucky they settle dowm for the night around 8 and I can try to get in another hour of sewing. forget about that empty nest syndrome. I might as well have 4 three year old kids. They are just as smart and almost the same amount ofd work:)
Old 06-28-2010, 06:10 PM

Very pretty crocheted blanket!
Sharon W.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:19 PM

Until I moved back to the States earlier this year, I honestly spent at least 3 hours or more every evening after work, and on Sat-about 6 hours-Sunday, from the time I got up till I went to bed! I was addicted to such an extent that I even woke up during the night sometimes thinking of my current quilt in progress and would get up sometimes and work another 2 or 3 hours! I admit, stresses from work drove me to it!!LOL Now, I'm not working and only seem to find 3 or 4 hours a week!! I spend more time on this $#@! computer than quilting!! But totally enjoy reading what everyone has to say and learn allot-and sometimes even chime in my two cents worth! LOL
Old 06-28-2010, 06:34 PM

I agree with you about spending more time on this board than quilting,it can get addictive!.... quilting is a creative process and what works for me is to devote a block of time, and sometimes that may be over several days. Then I peruse this board when I'm done for the day. Everyone is different, but I can't piecemeal my creative time out to '1 hr per day', then onto something else...it just doesn't work that way. I do work for a living, so that takes up a big block of time, so weekends are great for devoting undisturbed large blocks of time for projects.
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna
Old 06-28-2010, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
When I saw your title I thought "she should ask how much time we spend on the board" and when I opened it you said what I was thinking!! hehe
I spend so much time here it's crazy. I'd probably have a lot more of everything done if I ditched my computer :D
I'm gonna follow this thread b/c I really do need some structure here. Thanks!
Ditto!
Old 06-28-2010, 07:39 PM

Prism, your answer was exactly the same as mine....spending way too much time on the computer, even if it is looking up free quilt patterns, watching quilting videos on YouTube etc.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
Old 06-29-2010, 12:57 AM

I ususally do some hand piecing after dinner during the week
as I work 3-4 days On the weekends or days off I would do anything from 2-6 hours depending on what is happening.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:44 AM

Well, lately I have lived at the sewing machine. I have dome 2 full size quilts and one baby qult in the past 2 months and it has taken a lot of hours. I would post the pictures but my camera is not working. I did my first stippling on one and it was trying but turned out okay. None of them are perfect but my granddaughters will not care.
Normally I do not spend a set amount of time at the task just what I can get done or feel like doing at the moment. I have a TV and chair in my room so it is a getaway for me.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:44 AM

Well, lately I have lived at the sewing machine. I have dome 2 full size quilts and one baby qult in the past 2 months and it has taken a lot of hours. I would post the pictures but my camera is not working. I did my first stippling on one and it was trying but turned out okay. None of them are perfect but my granddaughters will not care.
Normally I do not spend a set amount of time at the task just what I can get done or feel like doing at the moment. I have a TV and chair in my room so it is a getaway for me.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:50 AM

Until I found the Board, I started piecing and quilting in the early am due to being an early riser. Now I spend at least 3 hours of that time here. I cant seem to stay off the pc until I have read every thread . When I think I am finished I get another notification that a new posting has been done. I have to shut my pc down and run to my sewing machine. lol