Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How much time do you average per day quilting? >

How much time do you average per day quilting?

How much time do you average per day quilting?

Old 06-28-2010, 06:18 AM

I wish I could spend more time in the sewing room, but I have young kids. They consume a lot of my time because I homeschool them. I have noticed that when I spend too much time in the sewing room, my kiddo's argue more! That means stop sewing now mommy!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 07:41 AM

Definitely more time sewing than on the computer. I probably spend on average about 2 hours per day sewing. But I also figure that if I want to sew, I'll sew. And if I'm not that excited about it, then I'll waste time doing other things. The computer isn't keeping me from sewing...I am.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:02 AM

I think I spend more time on the computer looking and reading here and then downloading patterns, printing them out and say I will add them to my notebook etc, than I spend actually sewing but starting today I am sewing every, or almost, afternoon sewing.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:07 AM

For me, every day is different. BUT, I do have a system that has helped me be more successful, I think. In fact, I shared it with a friend and she also is more productive. I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond with hubby and my 3 daughters--we were armed with the 20% off coupons and I bought 5 cloth tubs--no lids but they did have a plastic thing on the front for a label to slip into. They are more rectangular in shape and come in 3 sizes, so you can choose according to your needs. Each tub was labeled according to a day of the work week=one was Monday, one was Tuesday etc. Then I put a project in each tub. On whatever day of the week it is, that's what I work on for whatever amount of time I have for that day. Saturday and Sunday are freebie days, meaning I can chose any one of the 5 projects to work on. Now, of course, if there is a deadline then I work however to get it done. It keeps it fun and interesting for me to work on something different everyday--that way I don't get frustrated with something b/c I know it will probably be at least a week before I get back to it and by then it's not drudgery anymore. You will be surprized at how much you get done and how you look forward to each day. If I don't get to sew a lot on say Wed., then Sat &/or Sun, I can catch up on Wed tub if I choose. So, mine is living each day and taking care of each days adventures and sew as I can!
Old 06-28-2010, 08:10 AM

Location: From WI then Denver then Houston and now Hainesville, IL

Originally Posted by Luv Quilts and Cats
I spend more time on this board and talking about quilting than I do actual quilting! I just started a new job at the end of May, so I am tired when I get home at night and don't quilt, I read. Maybe now is the time to start my Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt. I usually quilt Saturday afternoon or Sunday afternoon with friends. When I win the lottery, I am opening my own fabric shop and the shop will have a huge room where people can come and work on their projects. LOL
Sounds like a plane!!! Let me know, and I will come help you!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol:
Old 06-28-2010, 08:27 AM

-i spend average 3hours. -i am swimming this summer so -ive decided to break my habit. This board takes up quite a bit of my time also - -i really need to sew up some of my fabric so - I am finishing up some _ufos. Lea atlanta ga
Old 06-28-2010, 08:33 AM

I would guess at an average of 4 hours a day, 6 days a week. I care for an 18 mo GGS but he is one of the worlds best babies. He plays with his toys, entertains himself with singing and we dance to certain commercials. He still takes long naps2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours. Today he is not feeling well, cutting stomach and eye teeth, so we are rocking and watching TV. I sit down to the computer several times through the day, but usually for short periods at a time.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:05 AM

Hope ggrandson is over teeth soon. There's nothing worse, not much you can do for them.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:15 AM

The way I look at things, reading a quilting board falls under the 'quilting' category. So I can say, with my head held high, 4 hours a day
(reading gardening websites also falls in the 'gardening' category)
Old 06-28-2010, 09:46 AM

I like that kind of thinking, guess that can be called PREP TIME. I do it with almost everything though, more time studying, colleting patterns/recipies and conversing about than actually doing the thing. But, I enjoy it all, so I guess it's ok. It might get boring and I wouldn't learn stuff if I didn't have you guys.