Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How much would this bug you?

Depends on how much it bugs you. If it is going to bug you every time you see it, re-do it. Otherwise, I think it is fine the way it is!

I would have to take it apart. If I know it's there it will never go away--I'm speaking from experience!

If it's going to drive you nuts, fix it. I personally wouldn't bother cause it took me quite a while to actually see the problem. Your son is going to love his quilt no matter what. The colors are gorgeous!!

Chalk it up to "lesson learned" and start your next project.

I suspect that if you didn't mention it, everyone would assume that you did it on purpose. Many people will build in a a touch of asymmetry to be "artsy." As someone else said, take it out if it will really bother you but your six year old will not care. It's very pretty, by the way.

Banned
    I sure can not see the mistake, but if it's going to bother you whenever you see it, then take it out.
    You are the one that has to be happy with it. No one else.

Your son is young, he won't notice as I am sure no one that you show it to is going to notice. I had to look at this closely to see what you were talking about. If it bothers you, rip it out. Otherwise, just leave it alone. I have made some mistakes and they were on my mind, until I posted to this group and they put me at ease. I left my quilt alone and since I don't dwell on it, I don't see it, nor does the family member I gave it too you.

As I learned here... If you can't notice it from galloping by on a horse, then no one else will notice it

QM
    Quote Originally Posted by newbee3
    If it's going to bug you redo it but I would not take it out
    This is what I would say, as well. I have made many quilts (443, as of this week). Some things bug me HUGELY, so I take them out, even if I have to go way back. Many things don't and I ignore them. Some errors I don't want to fix, but need repair, so I applique over them, for a child, I use a fussy cut animal, or some such.

I know people who go back and redo any problem, even a messy stitch where it will never be seen. I think that can make you a bit crazy, fretting about details, instead of enjoying the many pleasures of quilting. Please don't overthink your work.

Banned
    Only you can decide. It is not for any of us to tell you what to do.

You're a natural! Don't undo it!

Blog Entries
    I really can't see the mistake you are talking about on the close ups... if something bothers me, I take it out, and I mean I have even taken out almost a whole quilt...But, its a personal preference, and your son will love it! Do what makes you happy...I sometimes have a little trick I use when making a decision...I write on paper my 2 options, fold them, close my eyes and shuffle around, with eyes closed, grab 1, open eyes, open paper and read it...if my very 1st feeling is relief, I know thats the right decision...if its, hmm...2 out of 3, then I know the other one is how I should go....I know this is kinda grade schooly, but it works for me!

Blog Entries
    Nobody will notice, just you. No need to take it out, unless it really really bugs you.

Blog Entries
    Nobody will notice, just you. No need to take it out, unless it really really bugs you. Sorry for the double post.

Blog Entries
    Looks fine to me!! Don't worry about it. He'll love it because Mommy made it.

I really don't see the problem and I know I have left bigger ones. But don't tell, If some body says something, act innocent. Your kidding, well I guess that can be my mark or signature if you will. Lol

Your son will love it 'cause Mommy made it for him - regardless of the setting. I'd leave it as there are many more quilts waiting to be made.....

I love your choice of fabrics. I'd let it go for now, and if it bothers a lot down the road, appliqué a big green dragon over it.

I think it is gorgeous just the way it is. I love the colors! Your son will absolutely love it - I am sure!

I still don't see what's wrong.

Power Poster
    I can't spot what you are calling a miistake, however, if you put the quilt away overnight and it still bothers you in the morning, take it out. My daughter wanted a charm square quilt when she went to college and she wanted each square to be different. However, when I was quilting it, I noticed that two squares were the same, if she has found them, she's never said a word, and I'm sure your son won't either. By the way, I love the black and red fabrics, it's a beautiful quilt.

Blog Entries
    Well, I guess one of the things you are offered to learn, from your second quilt, is how to fix something you object to. If you are bothered by it, and want it as planned, then take the time to make you happy. Put some music on, have something liquid to drink, and learn to 'frog'. Rippit! Rippit! Make YOU happy. :thumbup:

I made a "Trip Around the World" which was my second quilt and I had some of the birds upside down and because it just didn't look right I did take them out and turned them around.
    Because yours are non directional it is difficult to see that they are in the wrong spot. By the way your color choices are very pretty.

Joanne

LOOKS GOOD TO ME. BUT IF IT BUGS YOU FIX IT.

Thank you to everyone!!! I am pretty sure I'm going to leave it, but will probably let it go another few days until I'm sure. Meanwhile I'm going to post a picture of the whole top in another message ... hoping to get some advice on how to quilt it! Thank you again, love this board, so many friendly and helpful people!!

Blog Entries
    I love the colors and the dragon fabric..... I have a 32 yr old that would love it. I think it's great and would love to see the whole thing!!!

I doubt that it will be noticeable and quilting will help too. I think you should leave it be and move on!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast