Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How often do you get quilting packages? >

How often do you get quilting packages?

How often do you get quilting packages?

Old 07-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Power Poster

I have the Hickory Nut template the largest one. They are addicting to make and so fast. The shop is about an hour and half away from me so I'll be going there soon. My DD lives about 20 min from them so I'm always in the area. I don't know why I didn't get all three sizes the first time. Their shop is so nice! Here is a tutorial on this board what the Hickory Nut is:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...ks-t27345.html
Old 07-13-2012, 12:41 PM

Packages in the mail, sewing/quilting related.. of course, are a wonderful treat instead of the mail that goes in the garbage. I thought everyone was trying to save trees! I don't throw envelopes away with a blank backside. I use it instead for scratch paper. You should see how high my pile is growing.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:56 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Needles because they don't have my sewing machine needles here, bobbins (same), and a new SITD foot for the Janome 1600p (nearest Janome dealer is 40 miles away). That's this week, but few of those would be repurchases.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:13 AM

I got one box, and I cherish it dearly! It was from a Pay It Forward Thing I won with beautiful fat quarters, rulers, a cup, notions of all kinds. It smells great! I open it often to remember what kind people are on these pages of the Quilting Forum, and how great they are. So generous in sharing their stuff, their ideas and everything I hold dear! Thank you for being my friends!
Old 07-14-2012, 04:28 AM

Mine seem to come in spurts! I'll get 3 or 4 in a week, then I won't order any more for a long time. Really, really, really, need to use up some of my stash!
Old 07-14-2012, 04:28 AM

not often enough!! I'm working only from my stash unless I have a commission. I already have all the tools and gadgets I need. So, not often enough!
Old 07-14-2012, 05:44 AM

Dawn: where did you find Insulbrite for that cheap????

And I get way too many packages, too!!
Old 07-14-2012, 06:34 AM

I get at least one package a month as I belong to BOM. I also get some in between as I look for sales on fabric. I also love getting packages as it seems like Christmas when I get a package. I used to buy just to buy but have learned to buy what I need and want. I'm more practical and plan on what I want to make. Hey, I do go off the deep end once in a while but that is being a QUILTER!!
Old 07-14-2012, 07:59 AM

Nearly every week; not always a big purchase; but usually something I need with free shipping offered!
Old 07-14-2012, 08:17 AM

i tend to go in starts and fits. i'll gather everything i need for a project before i start--thread, rulers, whatever specialized thing may be involved. it's self defense, because i know i won't be able to get everything done right now, and it may not be available later. so yes, i have packages arriving often for a while--and then it will be quiet in the mailbox for a time. feast or famine! (and what fun when one does arrive!)