Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How to sell a sewing machine? >

How to sell a sewing machine?

How to sell a sewing machine?

Old 06-16-2013, 08:57 AM

I haven't heard yet from List manager for Sew it's for sale. But I have now listed it on ebay. Again, thanks for your ideas.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:04 AM

Just be careful, especially with Craigslist. There are a lot of scammers out there. If they aren't local and can't meet you in person, don't do business with them. DO NOT go to any site through a link in an email. They come out of the walls (at least they did for me 9 out of 10 contacts were frauds).
Old 06-16-2013, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
in order to *advertise* your intention here you should read the rules concerning offering items for sale on the board-
In reading the original post, there's not enough information about the machine that *I* would consider this advertising an intention. JMHO.

In addition to sewitsforsale Yahoo group, there's another sewingstuff4sale on Yahoo. It has a smaller membership but might also be an option.

As to listing on this board, the pricing restrictions are unreasonable, IMHO, particularly if the machine is fairly new.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by cmw0829 View Post
In reading the original post, there's not enough information about the machine that *I* would consider this advertising an intention. JMHO.

In addition to sewitsforsale Yahoo group, there's another sewingstuff4sale on Yahoo. It has a smaller membership but might also be an option.

As to listing on this board, the pricing restrictions are unreasonable, IMHO, particularly if the machine is fairly new.
I totally agree with all you said. You have to be ready to lose if you sell on here. I would rather give my #1 away than take what I was told I had to offer it for on here. It's fully serviced and sitting in the box that it came back from servicing from. One day I'll sell it or not but if I chose to give it away, I'll make that decision without being forced into it. I've seen great deals on fabric on here but for things like machines, I think it's better to put them where you are in control. Plus, you have to have certain membership standings on here before you can advertise; which makes total since so it doesn't become another selling site.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by cmw0829 View Post

I totally agree! I had placed an ad for a less than year old machine on this board and it was pulled because of the pricing restrictions. I listed it on Yahoo group SewItsForSale and it sold in less than an hour. The buyer opted to wait a few weeks for delivery as we were driving across country for the holidays and we stopped and hand delivered it to her. I have sold 3 vintage machines there also.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:44 AM

Following luvstoquilt301's suggestion, I posted the machine on ebay. And, following suggestions to be cautious about payment, I created a paypal account. The machine sold yesterday for the full asking price. Thanks to all for your ideas.
I am a happy quilter!
Old 06-19-2013, 04:52 AM

Good luck with selling your machine, i would ebay it.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by nanabeth View Post
Following luvstoquilt301's suggestion, I posted the machine on ebay. And, following suggestions to be cautious about payment, I created a paypal account. The machine sold yesterday for the full asking price. Thanks to all for your ideas.
I am a happy quilter!

Wow, that was pretty quick. Enjoy your proceeds.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by nanabeth View Post
I am a happy quilter!
Glad it worked out for you.