Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How to track the quilts you want to do >

How to track the quilts you want to do

How to track the quilts you want to do

Old 07-02-2014, 09:05 PM

Ever since I started using Electric Quilt, all the quilts I want to make are stored in the computer!
Old 07-02-2014, 09:21 PM

I have a box folder. I find I just drop patterns and cut out ideas in. Quick and easy and all in one place.
Still usually do the one in my head.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:23 AM
Power Poster

i also use my EQ to make patterns that i want to make. i also have a short stack of patterns at my sewing desk that i really want to do in the very near future. through the years, if i see a quilt or idea that i like on the net, i capture the picture and save it to my hard drive in a folder called Quilt Ideas. i save the picture with identifier as to it's source so i can return there or link it here.
Old 07-03-2014, 03:41 AM

I have a board on Pinterest called "Quilts To Make". I don't worry about buying a pattern right away because I may change my mind and decide it isn't a quilt I will ever make. I have a tub full of patterns already that I know I will never make - lots of money wasted for sure!!!
Old 07-03-2014, 03:53 AM

I have a photo album on my iPad (computer would work too).
If I see a quilt I like I save a copy of the image. If I see a pattern I like I save an image. If I have the pattern and or fabric I take a picture with the iPad and save that. I usually have my iPad with me so if I come across something that I want to record I take a picture.
This works great when you go shopping also. How many times have you walked into a store and tried to explain to someone exactly what you are looking for? Not me! I whip out my iPad and show them what I am looking for.
i may be a senior but I sure love this new technology
Old 07-03-2014, 03:59 AM

I forgot about all the quilt ideas I have in my Photos on my IPad!
Old 07-03-2014, 04:42 AM

I use Pinterest too!!! but my boards are so full of ideas that I think I need to create a new one to priorize
Old 07-03-2014, 04:53 AM

I try to put the fabrics and pattern together in zip lock bag so I know what my intentions were. Of course, sometimes those change! Also, I have WAY more "want to do" than I can possibly do
Old 07-03-2014, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
For quilts I see online that I would like to make "someday", I use Pinterest. If I have already purchased fabrics and a pattern for a quilt, I bundle them together in a plastic bin as a kit. Learned long ago to always keep the pattern together with the fabrics!
How many times I wish I'd bundled fabrics with the pattern to be used. Similar to buying fabrics without a pattern and than trying to figure out how to use 'unmeasured' fabrics successfully in a 'measured' quilt pattern I like later on. Often run short & the fabrics are no longer available.
Other than the above, I've also set up 3 ring binders and pull patterns from my magazines for future quilts.
Good ideas from Tartan and ScubaK too!
Thanks for this thread, Leslie!
Old 07-03-2014, 04:58 AM

I just have a list in my "ideas" notebook. First few pages are lists of things, beyond that is sketches & scribbles. I prefer an actual paper notebook for that sort of stuff, just seems easier to me.

I do have an "inspiration" folder on my PC where I've saved a few things; but MOST of it is in my notebook.