Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How are you spending today? >

How are you spending today?

How are you spending today?

Old 07-04-2015, 06:03 AM

I have a day of quilting planned. First, I watched the Craftsy July Summer BOM lesson with Kimberly Einmo. I love Kimberly Einmo! Next, I have started making 3 blocks of block # 21 in the HST Challenge. I have them pinned and ready to sew. When I finish that, I plan to make the backing for a quilt. Finally, I will spend the remainder of my sewing time hand sewing appliqué flowers on to squares with pieced baskets. While I sew, I am listening to a great mystery audiobook. That makes the quilt backing more fun. I do not like making quilt backings. Yea! A fun day! Oh, we are cooking steaks on the grill for dinner. I just have to make the side dishes.
Old 07-04-2015, 06:09 AM

Not much different from any other saturday here, just me and my mom that I take care of. Have some steaks and sausage out, if not too hot outside, may bbq, later this evening, and some bushs baked beans and texas toast. If too hot or raining, will just cook the meat inside! Will definitely do some sewing, no project in particular, but have a friend who just had a new grandson born 8 wks early, so made one self binding receiving blanket yesterday, want to make another one, then maybe some burp cloths and bibs, love making baby stuff!
Old 07-04-2015, 06:27 AM

Doing the handwork on the binding of a lozenge quilt. I got the pattern from Bonnie Hunter's website and was able to use up lots of scraps.
Old 07-04-2015, 06:48 AM

Reaching for tissues and coughing a lot.
Old 07-04-2015, 06:58 AM

*** Just washed & rolled my hair.
*** Going to a dance tonight.
*** Getting ready for a vacation to Niagara Falls & Canada.
*** No time for sewing today.

Last edited by jbj137; 07-04-2015 at 07:01 AM.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:29 AM

Cleaning the house today - as I will be leaving for SD and WY early Tuesday morning. Need to get the baked goodies made, gather items for the trip, putting together some hand sewing to do on vacation, small family gathering later this evening! Happy 4th of July to all!
Old 07-04-2015, 08:14 AM

It's Porkapalooza here this weekend, yesterday I made pulled pork, today is ribs, sausage and some bacon for baked potatoes tonight, yes'm, going hog wild on the pig this year.

Tomorrow I ought to be able to get back into my sewing room, I have an infinity scarf to make for eldest daughter's birthday and a purse to hopefully work out the pattern for.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:22 AM

Porkapalooza sounds great!!

I went to the library book sale, got stuck at the end of the town parade on the way there. Gotta love small town parades, fire trucks, old cars, kids on bikes, kids walking dogs, anyone can be in it. Then ate at the Volunteer Fire Dept. BBQ.

Home now, gonna bring in my stash from the car (picked it up from my sister's house a week ago) and TRY to get some listed online.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:32 AM

We just returned from a trip to Yosemite and Sequoia National Parks and encountered 110 degree temperatures for 4 days on the way home. Loved trip but am glad to be back to Colorado mountains. Spent yesterday on Pikes Peak with a zillion people. DH will spend the day operating trains and I get to spend the day sewing and being thankful for our country. I am thankful for our heritage and pray that that hard sacrifice on the part of so many will not be squandered in the future. I have been putting off a challenge project for my quilt guild-today I feel inspired to get with it! Be thoughtful and thankful on this 4th.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:46 AM

Just leaving for the Oregon coast, my niece is having a beach wedding.
Lovely day to be out and about. Have my busy bag of course, in case we get stuck in holiday traffic