Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How are you spending today? >

How are you spending today?

How are you spending today?

Old 07-04-2015, 08:52 AM

Not too much going on here..taking some food to church pantry for distribution on Sunday...while listening in to the Giants baseball game....family coming for a swim and hotdogs-then they go to a Boy Scouts flag retiring ceremony...while grama continue working on a few more "X" blocks on my Garden Maze.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:35 AM

I have cleaned my first floor, filled the bird feeders, swept my garage and sprayed a wasp nest. Now I am going to sit back and relax! My kids and Grandkids are going to a party and asked me to go but this lazy old girl is staying home! I have a good book and a sewing machine. Happy 4th to everyone and I will be watching the show in DC later. I love it!
Old 07-04-2015, 10:05 AM
Power Poster

Babysitting my 11 month old nephew until Sunday evening. Just DH and me at home. Yucky weather here today and very humid. DH ordered ribs and the fixings to be delivered here for dinner from a grill on wheels. I have a box of hexies to sew on in between diaper changes. LOL
Old 07-04-2015, 10:26 AM
Power Poster

Did some work on the computer, threw couple loads and rotated the laundry, met with couple clients to measure house they put an offer on. Mopped kitchen floor and eating lunch. DH is at work and will probably be there again till about 7:00 p.m. No fireworks at our house not into spending the money. We have couple vets in our neighborhood who have posted signs concerning their PTSD. With everything they've been through we intend to not add to their stress. We really haven't had fireworks since DH and I've been together over 20+ years. Have both had bad experiences in the family with them. So leaving it to the pros. Some few people set some off last night and our poor furbabies really almost went into seizure. It was close. DH called the police because it is illegal in the city. Brutus shook so bad and Bridget as well. He was on my lap and she was on DH's lap. Gave Brutus a valium and Bridget a Prozac. they have never shaken so bad. So will give it to them early tonight. Praying no one sets their house or anyone else's on fire. it's windy today. Hope you all get to celebrate it as you have the freedom to do so, thanks to our vets. God Bless America and HAPPY 4TH.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:17 AM
Power Poster

Congratulations!

My honey went camping with friends and riding QADs. This has NO interest for me whatsoever which is why I am staying home with the fur-kids. My goal is to put a dent in the quilting of my patriotic row robin. So far, so good. My FMQing skills are still wimpy but without practice they won't get better.

I consider this MY holiday as I had my swearing-in ceremony for naturalization on July 5th 2000. I became a US citizen right after the 4th. How great is that!
Old 07-04-2015, 12:38 PM

I am piecing today, too hot for us to do much else.

Congratulations on your ann.
Old 07-04-2015, 02:23 PM

First decent weekend to finally plant flowers, etc. Procrastinating (rainy weekends) saved me 50% off all of my live plant purchases today! Now....they are ready to grow! Might sew tonight but the weather was picture perfect so I have been outside all day!

sandy
Old 07-04-2015, 04:33 PM

Congratulations on the anniversary tomorrow, MadQuilter!

Hope you're feeling better quiltsRfun, being sick in the summer is zero fun, and no A/C in this heat is just brutal.
Old 07-05-2015, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
Just leaving for the Oregon coast, my niece is having a beach wedding.
Lovely day to be out and about. Have my busy bag of course, in case we get stuck in holiday traffic
One of my favorite places. Have a good time.
Old 07-05-2015, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by geevee View Post
Hope you're feeling better quiltsRfun, being sick in the summer is zero fun, and no A/C in this heat is just brutal.

Thanks. Things are improving a little. We bought a one-room window A/C to tide us over. I don't do well in the heat and the dogs were also having a hard time. I'm also feeling a bit better.