Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Husbands (at least mine!) >

Husbands (at least mine!)

Husbands (at least mine!)

Old 08-04-2011, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by mhollifiel
This is the man who, when I get to the car with my fabric purchases, asks how much I spent. Then he ALWAYS sends me back because I haven't spent enough!!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Old 08-04-2011, 01:40 PM

My husband is pretty supportive of my quilting, he has been the one pushing me to finish ones I have set aside, and buying fabric. LOL
Old 08-04-2011, 01:52 PM

My husband is very supportive...the only thing he says is "I don't understand the logic...you take a perfectly good piece of fabric...cut it up in pieces and then sew it back together?" Men...got to love their logic...LOL
Old 08-04-2011, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by dunngriffith
Today I was showing my DH how I was making a D9P. His comment---- Someone must have nothing to do to sit around and do that!!!! :evil: I don't think I will explain the bargello I'm making!!! :mrgreen:
Well later when he's sitting under that very D9P watching TV you can quote that back to him...
Old 08-04-2011, 02:29 PM

Men just don't see the complexity of patterns and color combinations like we do....nor will most of them appreciate all the time we have put into those quilts. My DH looks at it and says "that's pretty" or "not liking that one" and I just know he really isn't "seeing" it at all most of the time!
Old 08-04-2011, 03:18 PM

I have to say that my mathematical, geometry gifted husband has actually helped me with some of the patterns/layouts I just can't seem to get sometimes...That being said, there are times I start to "talk quilt", and he patiently waits...and then begins to "talk hunting, fishing, woodworking"... 'nuff said... :-D
Old 08-04-2011, 03:23 PM

This thread is too funny! One Christmas I made a quilt for my husband right out in front of him. I was only able to do that because he likes to see the finished product, not the process.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:23 PM

When I wanted a new sewing machine; I was trying to convince myself how much I could spend and justify the cost. My husband gently reminded me that last year he spent as much on a set of new golf clubs. I love him.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:52 PM

My DH teased me about the colors I would pick for the house he painted the main area of the house a pale green then would say Gertie and her green ask him if he didn't like it and then he would say he liked it
Old 08-04-2011, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by melissa Dove
Originally Posted by mhollifiel
So funny! Yesterday I was piecing a D4P and my DH said that looks complicated and no wonder it takes you so much time! He loved it. But then, he started looking to see if my joins were perfect! I took back the patch he was "inspecting" and told him he'd lose his back scratcher if he became the quilt police.
This is the man who, when I get to the car with my fabric purchases, asks how much I spent. Then he ALWAYS sends me back because I haven't spent enough!! He also helps me with color selection. He has a good eye for that. I am really blessed!
Your man is definately a keeper! My ex was NOT interested in anything I did, but I'm lucky to have met someone who is interested in what I do ( well for the first 10 mins discussion at least ) I don't expect miracles!! The plus point is that we both love cooking and gardening and thats probably enough to be going on with . Like someone else posted I'm not sure I really want someone checking my seams and joins are perfect ... LOL .. I actually typed LOINS lucky I did check the typing first, my loins are my own business!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ROFL