Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am a pathetic fabric and notions addict! >

I am a pathetic fabric and notions addict!

I am a pathetic fabric and notions addict!

Old 10-14-2010, 05:31 PM

The meeting will be very crowded!
Old 10-15-2010, 12:30 PM

I've decided that I'm more of a fabric and notions collector than a quilter. I'm thinking maybe I could join several quilting groups and donate some of my collection because it always makes me feel good to see it made into something useful. Truthfully, I'd rather be shopping for fabric than sewing it. Hope that doesn't get me kicked off of the board, I really like it here! :shock:
Old 10-15-2010, 12:44 PM

Hello. My name is Donna and I'm a threadaholic and a clothaholic. So that others won't know, I have renamed my stash. I call it The Resource Center.

When I start to have guilt or negative feelings about the size of my Resouce Center collection, I just sit down and watch TLC's "Hoarding: Buried Alive." I feel sorry for the poor people afflicted with the hoarding. I feel a bit better about my Resource Center. And since I can walk through every room in my house without tripping over thread or fabric, I figure I am not "THAT bad."
Old 10-15-2010, 12:58 PM

No, why should you be kicked off... I like to "shop" fabric too... I don't have much time to do the quilting part but love fabric.

I actually don't like the quilting part, except for putting the tops together...maybe they'll kick me off too....haha
Old 10-15-2010, 05:09 PM

Wow I think I will have to go with you. I went to clean out my sewing room so that I could rearrange it and found about 2oo yds. of material and so many extra things in the drawers I didn't even know I had. Now I can quilt till the cows come home and I don't even live on a farm. HA HA HA So see you are not the only addict on here
Old 10-15-2010, 06:28 PM

Hey, I'm right in there with the rest of you! I'm addicted & darn proud of it. Quilters don't harm anybody but tend to share lots of love & warm fuzzies. Besides, quilting is great therapy for the soul. After having to bury our youngest daughter last year post-motor vehicle accident(age 23-less than 2 mos.away from being 24),I have found it quite soothing to dive into the fabrics & my local quilting buddies have been fantastic. My creativity is working itself up to a new level(which I thought I'd never achieve!) This may sound crazy but quilting is contributing to me becoming a better person.(I've been nicknamed "Tigger" in the quilting guild I belong to.)...:)
Old 10-15-2010, 08:46 PM

Oh my ! I am laughing so hard at some of these comments .. then I just suddenly thought: I am right there with these women .. LOL OH well
Old 10-15-2010, 09:13 PM

Me too.... I keep telling myself I got quit buying fabric, but I love it all, and they keep coming out with such pretty stuff. What's a girl to do?? LOL :-P
Old 10-15-2010, 09:16 PM

That was too funny, I like that "Resoucre Centre"... I might have to borrow that, I think that's great, I like it better than Quilting Studio... :lol:
Old 10-15-2010, 09:21 PM

Oh "Tigger" I'm so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine how hard it's been for you, we lost our nephew in a car crash 4 years ago, and it's been a hard row to hoe for the family.

Originally Posted by FabricHappy
Hey, I'm right in there with the rest of you! I'm addicted & darn proud of it. Quilters don't harm anybody but tend to share lots of love & warm fuzzies. Besides, quilting is great therapy for the soul. After having to bury our youngest daughter last year post-motor vehicle accident(age 23-less than 2 mos.away from being 24),I have found it quite soothing to dive into the fabrics & my local quilting buddies have been fantastic. My creativity is working itself up to a new level(which I thought I'd never achieve!) This may sound crazy but quilting is contributing to me becoming a better person.(I've been nicknamed "Tigger" in the quilting guild I belong to.)...:)