Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am a pathetic fabric and notions addict! >

I am a pathetic fabric and notions addict!

I am a pathetic fabric and notions addict!

Old 10-15-2010, 10:14 PM
mac

If this addiction is wrong, I don't want to be right...

I've been collecting for over 30 years and have duplicates of everything because I can't find it and have to go out and buy another to replace the one I can't find. When I was reorganizing my sewing room I found things that I had forgotten that I had, it was like doing an archeology (sp) find. And, books, oh my, I have over 1,000 quilting books. I love having a library of books, but it got so bad that I had to start a list on Exel, so that I wouldn't keep buying the same books over again.

On the other hand, as things are getting way too expensive for me to buy, I can always go to my own personal store that I have in my home. The nice thing about it is that it is always open. So as fabric reaches $12.99 a yard, I'll shop at home for free.

See I knew that I could rationalize my addiction.

Another way of saying rationalize is: rational - lies.

Yup, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by virtualbernie
I'm part of the club too! And it doesn't help when folks on this board post sales they've seen.
Ditto and more! I keep buying the 32 gallon totes to put my fabric and notions in. I try to keep them sorted, LOL, but I love it all!
Old 10-15-2010, 10:57 PM

It's so wonderful when you fit right in and feel part of the group. It also helps alleviate that feeling of being a spendthrift because you know that eventually someone will benefit from the items you produce in your "workshop".
Old 10-16-2010, 07:53 AM

I have stashes of buttons lace thread cloth guess I need to get rid of some, buttons then lace will go first (gkids grew up)
Old 10-16-2010, 06:47 PM

Me too, I organized my sewing room and found 19 yards (yes yards) of fabric that were big enough to make backings and tons and tons of other pieces smaller than 3 yards or less. Yoikes, but at least I don't drink anything stronger than water. Something stronger would probably ruin the fabric. lol
Old 10-16-2010, 07:09 PM

:) Thank you for responding; yes, it has been hard but "the living have to go on living", to succinctly put it. I know my daughter would be exasperated with me if I remained in a depressed puddle all the time. She made a point to always say "I love you" at the end of conversations "in case anything ever happens". One major comfort for me is that she died instantly & did not suffer. So I continue to count my many blessings & try to live life to the fullest, keeping her memories alive. God's blessings to you; take care & keep on quilting!.........Tigger :lol:.............in response to GwenH
Old 10-17-2010, 03:44 PM

Me too! I can't believe all the stuff I have that I haven't even used! Oh me, oh my!
Old 10-19-2010, 03:24 PM

any plain puple fabric sraps want to try to applique some Iris.. Haven't tried it yet ? Or Humingbird matterial.
Thanks,
Pegg
Old 10-19-2010, 03:24 PM
Power Poster

Sounds like fun! If you forgot about it it is like getting new stuff. LOL Enjoy your new found goodies!
Old 10-19-2010, 03:57 PM

Very happy to be a member of this club. I just wished I could get into my sewing room. I miss my sewing machines. LOL