Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I am a scrappy quilter....

There are some really beautiful quilts in here.

My question is : what condtitutes a scrappy quilt? Is it only made from scraps, do you purchase some or all of the fabric or does it depend on the pattern? I've made quilts from books with scrap or scrappy in the title but had to purchase the fabric to get the quilt pattern to come out properly.
    Wendy in FL

If I had a dollar for every time I got distracted I wish I had some ice cream.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    I would use the 2" squares for another quilt. I don't nee leaders or enders and don't use them. I have a straight stitch only machine, don't know if that makes a difference or not. I love scrappies also.
    The idea is to make a scrappy quilt alongside another quilt without putting any effort into it. If you use the squares at the beginning or end of a different project row, then your stack will grow and you can soon put another scrappy top together.

Quote Originally Posted by justflyingin View Post
    I know exactly what you mean. I like the sunny lanes block as well. I've made it three times, using up 2" squares. I made it with blue, red, and yellow. You can see them here.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...w-t180360.html
    Here's how fabulous those quilts are... I still remember them from your original post! And I have senior moments frequently, so you can see what a feat it is for me to remember anything for longer than 4 seconds... LOL! These quilts are the cat's meow!!!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by Rubesgirl View Post
    There are some really beautiful quilts in here.

My question is : what condtitutes a scrappy quilt? Is it only made from scraps, do you purchase some or all of the fabric or does it depend on the pattern? I've made quilts from books with scrap or scrappy in the title but had to purchase the fabric to get the quilt pattern to come out properly.
    IMHO, it can be pretty much anything. By that, I mean... it can be made from true "scraps" of fabric or you can buy fabric for it (I've done both & sometimes in the same quilt). I don't think it matters about the pattern too much. I think almost any pattern can be made "scrappy". I think there are 2 kinds of scrappies, tho... controlled & not. Controlled has a fabric that ties everything together & not is just whatever goes.
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2