Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am tired...stash sorting? >

I am tired...stash sorting?

I am tired...stash sorting?

Old 06-13-2010, 01:01 PM

I like to color sort, but if I have a progect in mind for it I go to 1$ tree and get small plastic bins to keep them in. then when I am bord or in a hurry to go somewhere and wait and want something to do I can just grab it. I also use those bins for McDonalds toys and rotait bins! kids don't get bored so easy they get them handed to them everytime we go to garage sales annyway When I get my bin out I get the kids a bin and I can sew!
Old 06-13-2010, 01:10 PM
Power Poster

It's the fabrics that could go into more than one category that drive me nuts!

The black and white cats wearing Santa hats - with the black and whites? with the cat prints? with the Christmas/winter prints?

The small 30's blue and white flowers on the blue background -
with the 30's? with the blues? with the small florals?

It's all those decisions - - -
Old 06-13-2010, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by judymart
Originally Posted by pab58
I keep my Christmas fabric, FQs and solids separate from the rest of the stash. I arrange all of the fabric in my stash by color then from light to dark within the colors (i.e. lightest shade of yellow to darkest shade of yellow). I just love opening up the closet doors and seeing all those beautiful colors. It's so much easier to locate what I want. Believe it or not I even hang my clothes by item and then color! DVDs and video tapes are in alphabetical order. These things might sound crazy, but I never have a problem locating exactly what I need! Does that make me anal??!!
I sort my clothes the same way. I even sub-sort by long sleeve, short sleeve, no sleeve and straps! Shorts, capris and long pants!
OMGoodness!!! Are we related!!!!???? :roll: ;) :thumbup:
Old 06-13-2010, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by judymart
I keep my Christmas fabric, FQs and solids separate from the rest of the stash. I arrange all of the fabric in my stash by color then from light to dark within the colors (i.e. lightest shade of yellow to darkest shade of yellow). I just love opening up the closet doors and seeing all those beautiful colors. It's so much easier to locate what I want. Believe it or not I even hang my clothes by item and then color! DVDs and video tapes are in alphabetical order. These things might sound crazy, but I never have a problem locating exactly what I need! Does that make me anal??!!
I sort my clothes the same way. I even sub-sort by long sleeve, short sleeve, no sleeve and straps! Shorts, capris and long pants!
OMGoodness!!! Are we related!!!!???? :roll: ;) :thumbup:
Probably not but Oh so close!
Old 07-05-2010, 06:39 PM

This sounds like my system ha!