Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I had a AH HA moment today and I wanted to share it >

I had a AH HA moment today and I wanted to share it

I had a AH HA moment today and I wanted to share it

Old 04-18-2010, 04:42 AM

THIS IS MY FIRST CONTACT WITH ANYONE ON THIS WEBSITE. I LIVE IN DAPHNE, AL. HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR SOMETHING TO DISPLAY MY BLOCKS ON SO WAS DELIGHTED TO HEAR ABOUT THIS ITEM. WILL CHECK IT OUT ON MY NEXT TRIP TO WM. THANKS FOR THIS INFO. GOD BLESS.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:06 AM

The display boards sound like a great idea.

If you have the space and can use something larger this is what I use.

I went to Home Depot and bought a piece of the rigid foam insulation that is 4'W x 8'H. I tried covering it with flannel but the pieces kept falling off so I just use pins.
Then I decided that since most of my quilts measure at least 5' to 6' wide I would add pieces to the side, so I bought another piece of insulation, cut it in half lengthwise and used duct tape to join the 4'W and the 2'W section together. You can fold the side piece a little to make it free standing. I love it.

A friend's husband made her one and she loves hers also.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by bluestarmom
It has blocks on it, no particular order, but I can still take a photo for you. I post it in a few minutes,
Oh! I see what you mean! Like the sort of stand-up demonstration boards at seminars and what-not. This is great. I never would have thought of that. I'm going to get one too, I definitely agree that was an AhHa moment.

Now that I've moved, I have no wallspace for the design wall that love, so this is smashing.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:54 AM

Tum Tum, Wa is in Stevens County in the North East part of Wa. I did a satelitte search and I could see Corkscrew Canyon Road. She lives on that particular lllloooonnnngggg road and then after you pass where she lives, you come into a small area called Tum Tum...... I would so love to be able to visit her.. but I am just blessed to know that she and hubby took the time to visit me, even if it was for such a short time. it was so wonderful. Meeting her in person was just like picking up where we left off in cyber life.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:20 AM

Polly, What a great idea !That sounds like something I gotta have !!Like we "Gotta" have alllll this fabric !! We just never know do we ?? :lol:
Old 04-18-2010, 08:07 AM

They sell them in Michaels too.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:15 AM

Thank you for sharing your great idea. May God bless you as you deal with your challenges. Happy Quilting!
Old 04-18-2010, 09:31 AM

thank you for the kind words. But I prefer to not think of them as challenges, I prefer to fuss with them, toss them around the room a bit, whine to the Dr.'s, and then stalk into the sewing room and I feel a whole new calm again. The challenge to me is, getting those edges to meet up with the correct ones that they are suppose to. Now that's the challenge. LOL... and loving it.. My idea of a fun afternoon is having Les take me to a really special fabric shop that I am extremely pleased with. Then I can take my three wheel walker and stack it with fabric bolts until I can't see over the top, lay them out and end up just picking out maybe 4 of the group. And sometimes I just need to touch them and envision what they can become. Isn't that a great feeling and you don't need a walker to do that either. I guess I just have a "jone's habit for fabrics" and fortunately I never travel with more then enough to cover my fabrics, and have my man take me home so I can fold them and put them where they go and how they will play with other fabrics. Now that's a happy day.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:02 AM

This small portable display wall is just what I need. I have seen those science fair boards all my life and never thought of this use.

Thanks!!
Old 04-18-2010, 12:01 PM

I commented earlier about a larger design wall. It is also inexpensive and light weight enough to move around the room or the house. It is the rigid wall insulation 4x8' sheets. I have attached a picture if you are interested.

Design wall using 4 x 8 ft wall insulation
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64771[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-64766.jpe