Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I had a AH HA moment today and I wanted to share it >

I had a AH HA moment today and I wanted to share it

I had a AH HA moment today and I wanted to share it

Old 04-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Google Goddess

thanks for the information, do you have a photo of your board?
Old 04-19-2010, 05:48 AM

The discussion has led to a lot of ideas for boards! Thanks. I have a classroom bulletin board that was going to be discarded. I covered it with flannel. It is not big enough to handle an entire quilt, but having the wall space, this was another possible solution.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:25 AM

is it thick enough to use push pins? I am always looking for something to take to classes with.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:18 AM

if it is the tri-fold presentation or "talking" board that I use, yes you can use push pins. I just use the straight pins to hold my blocks in order. I have all the rows done as of last night so today I will finish putting the five rows together and work on my borders.

After I get the borders, except for the ruffle, I will look at the quilt top for a bit before I decide on adding a few embroidered butterflues and at least two lady bugs. But again, I have to walk away from each level of the quilt before I move on to the next. I will post the quilt when it is finally finished, and I hope it turns out as well as the love that's going into it. We all say if it's made with love it's fine, but we all have that little special button we hide that we want to have pushed that says what we all want to hear. Let's face it, who wants to hear, wow really a poorly and shabby looking quilt, even for a beginner, but hey next time stop drinking and maybe it will look a little neater.. Besides it's filled with love and that's what counts.. LOL
Old 04-19-2010, 08:49 AM

Neat idea ! Thanks for posting pic of it so that I know what you're talking about. I know we all could use idea to save positions of layouts and space & u did both! I too have a assistant (cat) that likes to either lay on it or re-arrange the peices. Have a blessed day.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:53 AM

your quilt peices are perfectly heartwaming..it came from your heart and that what counts! Keep having fun with what you're doing and don't worry about what others may be thinking of it. I'm a beginner myself and trying to do simplier patterns first before progessing to other ones.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:54 AM

Great idea and i think we have one in the garage! Gonna run and look! Thanks for this idea too!
Old 04-19-2010, 02:21 PM

BlueStar - your quilt is going to be just fine. I love the muted pinks and with those black splashes here and there, it really pops. Anxious to see your final product.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:31 PM

I have been changing the border fabrics around and around. Les is taking me to the Grotto on Tuesday as I want to offer prayer and candles in memory of my mom and my former husband who passed recently. Always did love that man,,, so I figure when I get back I will have had enough time to make a decision on the borders. But what I am excited about is pulling together a couple of baby photos with Phoebe and her totally in love grand pop and print a little collauge for the back of the quilt.Then using my embroidery machine can place the text I want. I want to sign it, but I need to do it very small and in the corner neatly. I really want it to be nice for her. Especially to make Les proud.. So I hope to be able to share it by next week,
Old 04-20-2010, 08:35 AM

My kids used them for science fair exhibits. Staples, Hobby Lobby, Office Max etc are also good places to look, altho not as cheap as Wally World.