Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I hate to be a curmudgeon but..... >

I hate to be a curmudgeon but.....

I hate to be a curmudgeon but.....

Old 02-16-2011, 07:40 AM

I found myself getting caught up in that yesterday! First I questioned something about thread, and if I had read an earlier post more thoroughly (I HAD read the earlier post, just didn't let it sink in, I guess), I wouldn't have raised the question because it had already been answered! Later, I wanted to respond to a question that was the last message in a couple of pages of a thread, and I simply did a "quick reply." I should have done a "quote reply," as by the time my answer showed up, someone else had responded in between, and my response didn't make as much sense. I'm trying to be more aware!
Old 02-16-2011, 07:40 AM

the only thing that kinda annoys me is when the origiantor of the post gives all the pertinant information then someone asks those questions, so I say don't just look at the picture, read what the poster said about it, THEN if you have a question, ask away. ;-)
Old 02-16-2011, 07:42 AM
Banned

I agree! How many times does someone ask "what was that pattern" or (my favorite) "what does OBW mean" when it has been answered EVERY SINGLE page, and sometimes in the post directly proceding the question!! It is one thing to skim answers, but if you are going to post a question, PLEASE take the time to read the prior posts to see if it has already been asked and answered. Otherwise it implies your time is more valuable than the poster's.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:59 AM

I would like to post more than I do but as I read down the other responses I usually find someone with the same idea or opinion and I just back off. It doesn't upset me but I figure if they don't get the idea with the first post then I'm sure another one almost like it isn't going to help. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. LOL
Old 02-16-2011, 08:01 AM

I try to read through all the other posts before I answer a question or put my 2¢ in, but I post 'irrelevant' stuff too.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:03 AM
Banned

The world is going to hell in a handbasket,,,dont sweat the small stuff!!!LOL!!!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 08:03 AM

I think it is funny that someone will post "what is this pattern?" and there are 3 pages of answers saying, "It's a Bow Tie".
Boy do we love to talk!! Can you imagine if all of us were in a room together what the noise level would be!!

What I don't get is when someone is looking for a fabric or magazine and people respond to say "I don't have it." How does that add to the thread? Other than to bump it.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Ladyjanedoe
I don't mind it when a few people say the same thing a few times but
I don't like it when people can't be bothered to read and ask over and over again the SAME question that's already been answered 5 times in a prior post--sometimes even just one or two posts into a thread.

I will say that there are some wonderfully patient posters here who haven't minded answering the same question 5-10 because others can't be bothered to read. It's an exercise in real patience.
As a fairly new member here, I have posted questions that have been answered before. Someone may come on and post the link to that particular discussion or others may just be nice enough to respond again. Part of the reason for this, IMO, is that we were not familiar enough with the format to have searched for our question through the SEARCH engine.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by LindaR
Originally Posted by debbieumphress
I think we just get excited. If we read the first post, then say what we want in response to that topic, then seems like everyone else's will be their opinion. Guess I don't see it that way...irrelevant???? I am so glad this board is so wonderful and fun and non-judgemental. I personally don't want to have to watch my p's and q's and enjoy it.
I second this, doesn't bother me
I third it.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:37 AM

If I didn't respond until I have read every post of every thread...I'd never respond. I pop in here and there throughout the day, I have two young children that require my attention. So while I do have the opportunity to get on here every so often, I don't have time to read every post and don't intend to start now.

I'm sorry if that bothers you...