Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate it when...

Quote Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
    Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    ....the sewing table gets so cluttered that I have to stop and clean up. (I hate cleaning up - childhood trauma :D )

HAHAHAHA, I second that one!

Sometimes I'm really intensely working on something and my bf comes in and says "how can you work in this pig sty?".... um, I really can't work if you keep interrupting me, I was doing quite fine, thank you!
    hubby doesn't say things like that anymore.
    His thing was, my G, what if this place catches on fire?
    I would just smile and say, "be sure and find your way to the door, I will be grabbing my machines and fabric."
    If that doesn't work, I will just calmly start talking about his deathtrap workshop etc. and he leaves me alone.
    Mine is organized now, and his...is a deathtrap. He knows, I will not go in there, don't even think about asking me.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Mine is the bobbin thing - and I've never pinned a quilt to the bed BUT I have sewn appliqué to my jeans when sewing with it on my knee!!!

K x

We are in the process of selling our house. What I hate is when I am in the middle of cutting or sewing and I get a call from the realtor saying someone wants to come over right then and I have to scramble to put everything away. At least my sewing room is pretty neat right now. I do hate to interupt my creative juices though. I cut on my kitchen bar, move things over to the dining room table before taking into sewing room, so it is just never one area I have to neaten up!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Mine is the bobbin thing - and I've never pinned a quilt to the bed BUT I have sewn appliqué to my jeans when sewing with it on my knee!!!

K x
    :lol: :lol: I tend to somehow fold up and sew a corner of the block I'm working on into whatever I'm sewing. :evil: :evil: Your right...that does make you mad!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kara
    ...when I'm sewing along and realize I ran out of bobbin thread 48' ago (after I've pulled out all the pins - because you're not *supposed* to sew over pins). Sew you pull out the quilt. Repin. Wind the bobbin, and pick up where you left off.

I have an indicator that tells me... but if you don't pay attention... It should be a really bright neon light... :-) :-)
    I think sirens and alarms should go off.....

Blog Entries
    Mine does beep at me about the bobbin and I hate that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mkanderson
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonomine
    ... I have only a few more inches to sew and run out of bobbin thread. (or quilting thread..whatever thread lol)
    And that happened to me about an hour ago!!!! On the top thread :lol: :oops:
    Happened to me too last night! Right after my boyfriend jinxed me too, saying it was gonna run out.

Ok Now I hate this!!!! :evil: I have not done THIS before! :lol: And I hope no one else has either! :!: :!: :!:
    (leave it to me to do things that no one else even “thinks” about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :lol: :lol: :roll: :shock:

I was pinning on the scraps for my Crazy Quilt to the batting using the thin, flat headed pins! OK, they lay real straight and flat…one flat head was almost the same color as the material. :roll: :roll: :roll:
    Now can you guess what I DID!!??!! :!: :?: :!:

Yep……… bet you guessed right!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
    I sewed right THRU the tip top of the flat pin head! Now you all try to beat that one if you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :D :lol:
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
    I hate it when I find a great deal on fabric I love and buy it with nothing particular in mind. Then, when I go to use it there is not quite enough. And OF COURSE .. they sold it all out.

Ditto!!! I'm sweating it right now. Hope I have enough. It will be really close.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonomine
    ... I have only a few more inches to sew and run out of bobbin thread. (or quilting thread..whatever thread lol)
    And that happened to me about an hour ago!!!! On the top thread :lol: :oops:
    I was just gonna say that too. Very frustrating huh? Last night, I'm sewing along, unpinning as I go. Boom i'm outta thread ...... waaaaaaay back there. ok now I gotta repin and start over....... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :twisted:

1. An applique I have fused in place becomes undone around the edges.

2. I run out of bobbin thread at a critical moment.

3. I can't find something in my messy, stuffed quilt room that I just know
    I bought a while back and have to purchase a duplicate...only to find
    the original item later!!!

All of the above.
    When my machine decides to act up when I only have a few inchs to go.
    I bought an expensive table for my machine and find when quilting the edge catchs the quilt. Had to buy a regular sewing machine table instead.
    Even more expensive.
    Bought notions that just were not as advertized.

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    This morning I unsewed something only to realize I had done it right in the first place so I had to resew what I just unsewed.

All of these "I hates" are so freakin great!! Most of what you all have gone through, I haven't yet, because I'm only on my first quilt and not even a 1/4 of the way through the blocks for the top. Uhgg...I guess I have ALOT to look forward to!!

I hate it when I'm cutting my fabric and my back starts to hurt sooo bad. I wish my dining room table was just a bit higher!! I can't cut sitting, I have to stand, and when I'm bent over, my body is at a 90 degree angle! Lol.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mary quite contrary
    This morning I unsewed something only to realize I had done it right in the first place so I had to resew what I just unsewed.
    Now THAT really is the pits! :(

K x

Banned
    1. Telephone rings as soon as you start sewing !

2. I leave my sewing project laid out until I come back to it . Someone comes along and moves my stuff !!! Then I have to look all over for it ! GRRR !

3 Yes the dreaded running out of thread !!! Needle , bobbin and spool .

4 Ruler slide is the pits !!! Annie

Quote Originally Posted by mary quite contrary
    Oh, man. I would have cried. :cry:

These are all wonderful and brought a smile to my face.

I hate the bobbin thing and ruler moving too, those still happen to me often.

I hate when my hand quilt group has a Sunday afternoon set up and my friend gets called into work. :cry:

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blzzrdqueen
    Most of what you all have gone through, I haven't yet, because I'm only on my first quilt and not even a 1/4 of the way through the blocks for the top. Uhgg...I guess I have ALOT to look forward to!!
    OH YES YOU DO! :twisted: :D

I made hardly any mistakes on my first quilt which of course took forever because I second-guessed EVERY BLOODY STEP. By quilt 2 I decided I was an expert.....and let the fun begin. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    Quote Originally Posted by blzzrdqueen
    Most of what you all have gone through, I haven't yet, because I'm only on my first quilt and not even a 1/4 of the way through the blocks for the top. Uhgg...I guess I have ALOT to look forward to!!
    OH YES YOU DO! :twisted: :D

I made hardly any mistakes on my first quilt which of course took forever because I second-guessed EVERY BLOODY STEP. By quilt 2 I decided I was an expert.....and let the fun begin. LOL
    Boy, does that ring a bell!!!!!

[quote=Kara]...when I'm sewing along and realize I ran out of bobbin thread 48' ago (after I've pulled out all the pins - because you're not *supposed* to sew over pins). Sew you pull out the quilt. Repin. Wind the bobbin, and pick up where you left off.

I agree with so many of these... but This is my all time favorite I have read yet. I thought I was getting done, and had run out of bobbin so far back. And I had just patted myself on the back for getting that far with out it happening. arghhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Kara
    ...when I'm sewing along and realize I ran out of bobbin thread 48' ago (after I've pulled out all the pins - because you're not *supposed* to sew over pins). Sew you pull out the quilt. Repin. Wind the bobbin, and pick up where you left off.

I have an indicator that tells me... but if you don't pay attention... It should be a really bright neon light... :-) :-)
    And I'm quilting with verigated thread, and it's impossible to make it look like a natural progression of the top thread.

Ok Now I hate this!!!! :evil: I have not done THIS before! :lol: And I hope no one else has either! :!: :!: :!:
    (leave it to me to do things that no one else even “thinks” about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :lol: :lol: :roll: :shock:

I was pinning on the scraps for my Crazy Quilt to the batting using the thin, flat headed pins! OK, they lay real straight and flat…one flat head was almost the same color as the material. :roll: :roll: :roll:
    Now can you guess what I DID!!??!! :!: :?: :!:

Yep……… bet you guessed right!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
    I sewed right THRU the tip top of the flat pin head! Now you all try to beat that one if you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :D :lol:
    Mary
    A very good friend and I were having a sewing day, clothing not quilting, and she actually sewed right over her tape measure.

We used to laugh so much on our days. Now she has moved to the other side of the country and haven't seen each other for ages.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    ...when I'm in hurry and I'll just finish that last cut - without realizing that I have one of the already cut pieces underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by beachlady
    We are in the process of selling our house. What I hate is when I am in the middle of cutting or sewing and I get a call from the realtor saying someone wants to come over right then and I have to scramble to put everything away. At least my sewing room is pretty neat right now. I do hate to interupt my creative juices though. I cut on my kitchen bar, move things over to the dining room table before taking into sewing room, so it is just never one area I have to neaten up!!!
    How about the times you get that call from the realtor, you put your quilting away, and then there's a NO-SHOW! Grrrrrr!! :hunf:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast