Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I hate it when... >

I hate it when...

I hate it when...

Old 03-26-2009, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
....the sewing table gets so cluttered that I have to stop and clean up. (I hate cleaning up - childhood trauma :D )

HAHAHAHA, I second that one!

Sometimes I'm really intensely working on something and my bf comes in and says "how can you work in this pig sty?".... um, I really can't work if you keep interrupting me, I was doing quite fine, thank you!
Old 03-26-2009, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by mkanderson
When I have something big to pin together and it is too big for my table in the sewing room I lay it on my bed to pin…That’s fine until I start to take it off and find that I pinned it TO the bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Then Hubby starts laughing at me…”Didn’t you know better than that!!??!!” :roll: :roll: :roll:

Lol, I've done that too.

I hate it when I buy a ton of something because I'm sure if I don't they will run out, and the next day it goes on liquidation price.
I also hate it when I know I shouldn't be spending money on more fabric, and I convince myself to buy a little bit anyway, and only AFTER that do I see something I would have liked even better than what I bought :( I could barely justify buying the first batch... can't really buy more, right?
Old 03-26-2009, 07:00 PM

Yeah, the running-out-of-bobbin thing just before you get to the end sure fries my potatoes! Some day I'm going to get a fancy machine where you can SEE the bobbin and you'll know when it's about to run out! Doesn't anyone make a machine that will make a noise when it's near the end??? ("Danger! Danger! You are about to run out of bobbin!")
Old 03-26-2009, 07:12 PM
CRH

Originally Posted by Dragonomine
... I have only a few more inches to sew and run out of bobbin thread. (or quilting thread..whatever thread lol)
THIS is my pet peeve, also. I have 2 machines, one that warns me and one that doesn't. Guess which one runs out of bobbin thread most often??? :roll: :roll:
Old 03-26-2009, 08:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Cats "help" with fabric cutting

I'm in the "zone" and I hear..."Honey....can you come here for a sec????"
Don't I know it!...and it's usually something he could do for himself!
(Honey ain't here...lol)

Skeat, know what you mean about the phone. I don't get mad at caller, but my heart sinks, cause I was just settling in for a good, 'session', and now if I talk 'a bit', I can only do stuff that doesn't require concentration or precision...how much of quilting is like that? So many times I end up walking out of room to go do some mindless housework while talking, and an hour or more later, it's time to eat, (meds make you eat on time), or time for something else...and there goes a good, like Patti says, "ZONE". ahhhh!
and I hate it when the ruler slips and cutter slips too! so i go sloooow.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
Originally Posted by MadQuilter
....the sewing table gets so cluttered that I have to stop and clean up. (I hate cleaning up - childhood trauma :D )

HAHAHAHA, I second that one!

Sometimes I'm really intensely working on something and my bf comes in and says "how can you work in this pig sty?".... um, I really can't work if you keep interrupting me, I was doing quite fine, thank you!
hubby doesn't say things like that anymore.
His thing was, my G, what if this place catches on fire?
I would just smile and say, "be sure and find your way to the door, I will be grabbing my machines and fabric."
If that doesn't work, I will just calmly start talking about his deathtrap workshop etc. and he leaves me alone.
Mine is organized now, and his...is a deathtrap. He knows, I will not go in there, don't even think about asking me.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:22 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Mine is the bobbin thing - and I've never pinned a quilt to the bed BUT I have sewn appliqué to my jeans when sewing with it on my knee!!!

K x
Old 03-27-2009, 03:43 AM

We are in the process of selling our house. What I hate is when I am in the middle of cutting or sewing and I get a call from the realtor saying someone wants to come over right then and I have to scramble to put everything away. At least my sewing room is pretty neat right now. I do hate to interupt my creative juices though. I cut on my kitchen bar, move things over to the dining room table before taking into sewing room, so it is just never one area I have to neaten up!!!
Old 03-27-2009, 04:45 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Mine is the bobbin thing - and I've never pinned a quilt to the bed BUT I have sewn appliqué to my jeans when sewing with it on my knee!!!

K x
:lol: :lol: I tend to somehow fold up and sew a corner of the block I'm working on into whatever I'm sewing. :evil: :evil: Your right...that does make you mad!!
Old 03-27-2009, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Kara
...when I'm sewing along and realize I ran out of bobbin thread 48' ago (after I've pulled out all the pins - because you're not *supposed* to sew over pins). Sew you pull out the quilt. Repin. Wind the bobbin, and pick up where you left off.

I have an indicator that tells me... but if you don't pay attention... It should be a really bright neon light... :-) :-)
I think sirens and alarms should go off.....