Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I hate it when... >

I hate it when...

I hate it when...

Old 03-27-2009, 08:49 AM
Banned

1. Telephone rings as soon as you start sewing !

2. I leave my sewing project laid out until I come back to it . Someone comes along and moves my stuff !!! Then I have to look all over for it ! GRRR !

3 Yes the dreaded running out of thread !!! Needle , bobbin and spool .

4 Ruler slide is the pits !!! Annie

Old 03-27-2009, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by mary quite contrary
This morning I unsewed something only to realize I had done it right in the first place so I had to resew what I just unsewed.
Oh, man. I would have cried. :cry:
Old 03-27-2009, 08:53 AM

These are all wonderful and brought a smile to my face.

I hate the bobbin thing and ruler moving too, those still happen to me often.

I hate when my hand quilt group has a Sunday afternoon set up and my friend gets called into work. :cry:

Old 03-27-2009, 01:19 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by blzzrdqueen
Most of what you all have gone through, I haven't yet, because I'm only on my first quilt and not even a 1/4 of the way through the blocks for the top. Uhgg...I guess I have ALOT to look forward to!!
OH YES YOU DO! :twisted: :D

I made hardly any mistakes on my first quilt which of course took forever because I second-guessed EVERY BLOODY STEP. By quilt 2 I decided I was an expert.....and let the fun begin. LOL

Old 03-27-2009, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Originally Posted by blzzrdqueen
Most of what you all have gone through, I haven't yet, because I'm only on my first quilt and not even a 1/4 of the way through the blocks for the top. Uhgg...I guess I have ALOT to look forward to!!
OH YES YOU DO! :twisted: :D

I made hardly any mistakes on my first quilt which of course took forever because I second-guessed EVERY BLOODY STEP. By quilt 2 I decided I was an expert.....and let the fun begin. LOL
Boy, does that ring a bell!!!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 07:38 AM

[quote=Kara]...when I'm sewing along and realize I ran out of bobbin thread 48' ago (after I've pulled out all the pins - because you're not *supposed* to sew over pins). Sew you pull out the quilt. Repin. Wind the bobbin, and pick up where you left off.

I agree with so many of these... but This is my all time favorite I have read yet. I thought I was getting done, and had run out of bobbin so far back. And I had just patted myself on the back for getting that far with out it happening. arghhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 03-29-2009, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Kara
...when I'm sewing along and realize I ran out of bobbin thread 48' ago (after I've pulled out all the pins - because you're not *supposed* to sew over pins). Sew you pull out the quilt. Repin. Wind the bobbin, and pick up where you left off.

I have an indicator that tells me... but if you don't pay attention... It should be a really bright neon light... :-) :-)
And I'm quilting with verigated thread, and it's impossible to make it look like a natural progression of the top thread.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by mkanderson
Ok Now I hate this!!!! :evil: I have not done THIS before! :lol: And I hope no one else has either! :!: :!: :!:
(leave it to me to do things that no one else even “thinks” about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :lol: :lol: :roll: :shock:

I was pinning on the scraps for my Crazy Quilt to the batting using the thin, flat headed pins! OK, they lay real straight and flat…one flat head was almost the same color as the material. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Now can you guess what I DID!!??!! :!: :?: :!:

Yep……… bet you guessed right!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I sewed right THRU the tip top of the flat pin head! Now you all try to beat that one if you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :D :lol:
Mary
A very good friend and I were having a sewing day, clothing not quilting, and she actually sewed right over her tape measure.

We used to laugh so much on our days. Now she has moved to the other side of the country and haven't seen each other for ages.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Power Poster

...when I'm in hurry and I'll just finish that last cut - without realizing that I have one of the already cut pieces underneath.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by beachlady
We are in the process of selling our house. What I hate is when I am in the middle of cutting or sewing and I get a call from the realtor saying someone wants to come over right then and I have to scramble to put everything away. At least my sewing room is pretty neat right now. I do hate to interupt my creative juices though. I cut on my kitchen bar, move things over to the dining room table before taking into sewing room, so it is just never one area I have to neaten up!!!
How about the times you get that call from the realtor, you put your quilting away, and then there's a NO-SHOW! Grrrrrr!! :hunf: