Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I have a serious problem. >

I have a serious problem.

I have a serious problem.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by PurplePassion
I feel I am using fabrics as insulation for my house. :-P
My name is Elaine and I am a fabricaholic.
Well, this one really reminded me why it's best not to read with a mouthful of coffee!
Truth be told, those large tubs do help hold the floor down under normal conditions...and in major windstorms the added weight may keep the house on its foundation! ROFLMBO
Old 01-28-2010, 10:50 AM

You are just one of the gang who is addicted to quilting, and there is nothing wrong with that!
Old 01-28-2010, 12:44 PM

When my adult children give me a bad time about the amount of fabric I have I just let them know that it helps reduce my energy bills because it provides insulation to the rooms it is stacked in!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:51 PM
dsj

Gosh, I never thought of that but you are right. That will come in handy for our tornado season. Actually, I bring all my quilts in to the fraidy hole with me and sit on them and a container that has my shoes in it. Those are things that I just can't replace. We all sit with motorcycle helmets on our heads, quilts under our fannies and holding on to my shoe containers.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by dsj
Gosh, I never thought of that but you are right. That will come in handy for our tornado season. Actually, I bring all my quilts in to the fraidy hole with me and sit on them and a container that has my shoes in it. Those are things that I just can't replace. We all sit with motorcycle helmets on our heads, quilts under our fannies and holding on to my shoe containers.
LOL...I know it's not a funny situation but that mental image made me laugh!!!
Old 01-28-2010, 02:06 PM

LOL! That mental image in the fraidy hole made me laugh too! I would love to see that shoe collection! So see, your fabric collection is not a problem! It's necessary to ensure safety from tornados and inclement weather. I think you should go get more...just to be safe. Buy some new shoes while you're at it!
Old 01-28-2010, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by KBunn
Originally Posted by dsj
LOL...I know it's not a funny situation but that mental image made me laugh!!!
me too!! I can just see it! Lets hope that this year you don't have to do it or at leat not very much.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:17 PM
dsj

It looks just like you are imagining it I am sure. I live in Murfreesboro, Tn we had a major Tornado last Easter, 26 miles of destruction. It started about a mile from our house. It took trees out at the end of our street, threw one of my sons shoes up on the roof but our house was okay. Thank God, I was restoring a civil war quilt at the time and wasn't home to put in the fraidy hole. I was worried sick over that. Several homes were destroyed. It was really bad.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by dglvr
Originally Posted by quilt addict
Guess I have to ask a dumb question, what's the problem? :wink:
Yeap. My question as well. :thumbup: If you figure it out let us know. I don't think they have AA for us quilters.
Wouldn't that be QA instead of AA?? ROFL
Old 01-28-2010, 04:37 PM

Forget it! You'll never get that stash organized. Before I can sew, I want my cutting table cleared. By the time I get that done, I'm out of sewing time. After you have decided on a pattern, just start sewing with whatever is needed from no more than two tubs. If you don't you'll run out of sewing time.
:lol: