Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: I Just Can't Cut it.

I found out there are new one's that take there place. So use the old one's and buy some new one's. elise

Quote Originally Posted by Lilrain
    I was once told "Those beautiful fabrics that you just can't cut into.....do it......otherwise your grandkids will inherit that fabric and make Halloween costumes out of it"
    :-D Thats the best reason I've ever heard!

Theres no tomorrow, cut it, enjoy what you make out of it. I'm cleaning my Quilt area now and and I have stuff that got old and I don't even like anymore, I did when I bought it!! Enjoy quilting

So ask yourself these question's, "What is the worst that will happen when I cut into it and if I don't cut into it now, when will I cut into it?"
    It's now or never, honey. Just do it.

Quote Originally Posted by FroggyinTexas
    Quote Originally Posted by paula153
    Having trouble cutting into your fabrics, I love some of mine soooo much that I have a great deal of trouble doing the first cut. I think maybe I should save it for a better project etc, any ideas how to get over this ?
    Don't cut it. Use it for the back of a great quilt. Of course, backs are more important to me than to lots of other people. Sometimes the back is better than the top.
    Fantastic Idea!

I know the feeling, as I think most quilters do. Fabric that is too pretty for current project, but who is to say that a better project will crop up? Someone has said that her stash is her "worship center."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5