Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I Know That I have an Illness >

I Know That I have an Illness

I Know That I have an Illness

Old 06-12-2010, 07:39 AM

I saw a cutwork "webinar" that Bernina did to sell one of their "embroidery" tools. They were cutting metal and wood! Amazing.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by pstoner
Originally Posted by grammyp
Oh yes, I see patterns everywhere. I love the swirly design sheet metal gets. It would make a lovely blender fabric.
yes, and I want to add copper, and stainless to it, I just get so involved at looking at the different designs I can't help myself.
uh-oh!! sounds like you are going into the jewelery zone!! that's another illness unto itself!
Old 06-12-2010, 08:12 AM

i do believe that there is a book out there of quilt patterns from tile floors/walls. i think the author was on Simply Quilts once.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:20 AM

In my other life I was a machinist, so I understand your illness only too well roflmao. I get all warm and fuzzy when I see 5 foot high stainless steel toolboxes!!! lol
Old 06-12-2010, 09:21 AM

I have been known to go up to a compleat stranger and feel their skirk or ect.and belive me that can be emberrising. Not to mention they think I'm weard or strange. I'm not realy I just love fabric. It's touch,smell, the colors, movement ect, AH maybe I'm weard or strange. Yep I am I'm QUILTER and LOVE, LOVE FABRIC. I Quilt to buy Fabric I Don't buy fabric to quilt.
Sltiffee
Old 06-12-2010, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Yip -- when I started painting, my teacher explained how after a while we'd start seeing all the colors out there. Example....usually we look at a forest of pine trees and think green.....next time you look at a forest of trees, LOOK at how many greens are in that forest. I have a thing for clouds, too. Not long ago I was looking at some clouds and thinking it was too bad I couldn't lay those into a quilt! Yeah, you're hooked!
I, too, have a thing for clouds and agree w/you!
Old 06-12-2010, 10:27 AM

Oh, gee, I have the same symptoms, glad it's not fatal.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:55 AM

I too work for a HVAC/sheet metal shop. I don't see quilt designs I see quilt templates, whatever I need the boys cut it for me
Old 06-12-2010, 11:01 AM

No cure...

So, I'm sitting on the table, awaiting the surgeon to come in. She finally comes in, and I've got my head bent down inspecting her floor tiles pattern. I was so oblivious I didn't hear her come in! :shock: She was concerned, and asked me if I was 'down' or 'depressed'? I looked up her, now a bit dizzy from having my head bent so far down and for so long and replied, "Oh, not at all! I was just admiring your floor design; think I might want to incorporate that into my next quilt." Thank goodness she knew me well and knew I was a quilter, or she may have called the guys with the white coats!! :lol:

Now when I see her, her first question isn't "How are you doing? It's what quilt are you working on?" :lol:
Old 06-12-2010, 01:47 PM

I just got home from a class at my LQS which was taught in the "padded room" as they call it. The classroom walls are entirely covered in batting for design use. Tell you husband that's the kind of padded room you need.